Book excursion thru Carnival or directly with Dolphin Encounters?

abitaturbodog

We're planning to do the Dolphin Encounter in November. If I book it thru Carnival it is $24 per person more expensive than if I book it directly with the Dolphin Encounter company.

I'd like to save the $$ (there are 4 of us going), but I'm worried that there's a good reason why most people book thru Carnival.

Any advice/past experiences would be appreciated!

Thanks!

We're planning to do the Dolphin Encounter in November. If I book it thru Carnival it is $24 per person more expensive than if I book it directly with the Dolphin Encounter company.

I'd like to save the $$ (there are 4 of us going), but I'm worried that there's a good reason why most people book thru Carnival.

Any advice/past experiences would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I have a similar question! I just booked directly through Dolphinenocounter.com since Carnival didn't offer our excursion (Dolphin SWIM) directly. What is the time frame for this swim and will I have time to get back to the ship in time? They have me registering at 10AM and catching the boat at 10:30 AM. Is this enough time? I haven't paid yet and only have until Oct. 24th to pay. HELP!!!!

I have a similar question! I just booked directly through Dolphinenocounter.com since Carnival didn't offer our excursion (Dolphin SWIM) directly. What is the time frame for this swim and will I have time to get back to the ship in time? They have me registering at 10AM and catching the boat at 10:30 AM. Is this enough time? I haven't paid yet and only have until Oct. 24th to pay. HELP!!!!

If your Cruiseship offers the Dolphin Encounter, then your timeline should be safe (you'll be on the same boat coming and going. ) If it is NOT offered, then you timeline might be too tight to do the Swim and get back to the boat on time.

You'll need time to get off the ship and get to Paradise Dock/ pick up your pass and board your boat. (this boat will likely leave paradise dock and pick up ship passengers downtown).

You can return to downtown when your tour is complete, no need to go back to Paradise Island Dock.

Cab far to Paradise Dock is about $4 and takes about 15/20 minutes depending on traffic.

Thanks! Yes, our Swim is booked through the same gorup that does the Encounter (which IS offered on the Glory that day). The person who emailed me the confirmation info. told me that we can hitch a ride back witht he Captain of the boat if we ask him to. So, I assume that's a good sign. I can't WAIT to do this :)

That is the impression I have gotten. I got an email back just today that said that our excursion is 10:30 to 1:30. We leave port at 2:00 PM on the Glory. I emailed the people asking if this is cutting it too close and they said that they have others booked through the Glory who we can catch a ride back with. If they have to wait for them then they'll wait for us, as well :) I'm hoping anyway!!

Archived