Mdr

leekristina25

We leave next month for our first cruise on the Dream. We selected the late dining option bc I thought it may be easier since we have 3 port days. My question is, if we decide not to dine in the MDR every night, what is the best way to let them know? Bc I would assume they would be expecting us and I don't want our table mates to be waiting on us and then we never show...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We leave next month for our first cruise on the Dream. We selected the late dining option bc I thought it may be easier since we have 3 port days. My question is, if we decide not to dine in the MDR every night, what is the best way to let them know? Bc I would assume they would be expecting us and I don't want our table mates to be waiting on us and then we never show...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tell them the night before or tell waitstaff if you are not there by say 5 minutes after DR opens you will not be coming that night

You don't need to inform anyone of your dinner plans except perhaps your table mates if you wish to. The servers will not wait on you to show before they start catering to the guests at hand. So take this one off your worry list. Hope that helps and you have a wonderful vacation!!

Perhaps you should request a table for 2 in the MDR? It sounds like you don't intend to be present much for the late seating and it's disappointing for your table mates, who requested dinner mates, to be left alone most nights. With a table for 2 it wouldn't matter.

We always request a large table on our cruises. We're retired empty nesters so at home most evenings it's just the 2 of us ... thus we enjoy the company. On our Alaska cruise one couple moved to a table with relatives and the other couple appeared the first formal night and announced that they'd only be showing for the other formal night. It felt somewhat awkward sitting along at the large table and it's certainly more fun having tablemates to share with.

Just a thought :)