Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee question

Bluemoon319

I was trying to book an excursion privately, but was told that I had to book it through Carnival. There is a $35 difference in the tour companies regular price vs. Carnival's. Has anyone here come upon this situation and were you able to get the price difference back in OBC? Thanks so much for any input.

I was trying to book an excursion privately, but was told that I had to book it through Carnival. There is a $35 difference in the tour companies regular price vs. Carnival's. Has anyone here come upon this situation and were you able to get the price difference back in OBC? Thanks so much for any input.

We got the OBC for this on our last cruise, a couple of years ago. it was approved very quickly. You are correct that you must book Carnival's excursion to qualify. Also, everything must be exactly the same, same activity, same extras (if any, such as lunch, drinks, etc). But we had no problem receiving the OBC for our excursion.

My understanding is that the excursion has to be available for you to book outside of Carnival in order to receive the price match. So if the tour company is telling you that you can't book it directly with them because they are contracted with the cruise line, you won't be able to get the price match. But, you are welcome to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got the OBC for this on our last cruise, a couple of years ago. it was approved very quickly. You are correct that you must book Carnival's excursion to qualify. Also, everything must be exactly the same, same activity, same extras (if any, such as lunch, drinks, etc). But we had no problem receiving the OBC for our excursion.

Yes, it is the exact same tour. I think Carnival will use the loop hole of it needing to be available on the same day to the general public. It does not show that it's available for the day I will be in port on the tour companies website because they have a contract with Carnival. I think I'm bum out of luck with this. :(:mad:

Yes, it is the exact same tour. I think Carnival will use the loop hole of it needing to be available on the same day to the general public. It does not show that it's available for the day I will be in port on the tour companies website because they have a contract with Carnival. I think I'm bum out of luck with this. :(:mad:

It doesn't just have to be available to the general public, it has to specifically be available to *cruise ship passengers*. If it's only available to people staying on the island (in hotels), they won't match to it. In other words, if you can't literally go and book the exact same tour outside of Carnival, then the guarantee doesn't apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12