My Experience with Jacksonville cruise

elklemi

I sailed the Fascination April 9-14 and this was my first cruise out of Jacksonville. I searched for info since I was driving down about shuttles or parking at the port and finally decided to book the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport. there are many hotel options around the airport. This is only 15 minutes from the port and easy to get to off I-95 and food options within walking distance. When I checked in I was still undecided on how to work getting to port or parking there and after talking to front desk I decided to leave my car at the Hilton for $5 per day and they gave me name of a transportation service to get to port and back to hotel for $8 each way. This worked out great, left hotel at 11 am and was on ship by noon, was back at hotel at 10:15 am after doing self assist. Everything was super easy and I will do this again if I cruise out of Jacksonville. I hope this info will be helpful to someone who was in my position on a first time out of Jacksonville.

• 1 month later...
I sailed the Fascination April 9-14 and this was my first cruise out of Jacksonville. I searched for info since I was driving down about shuttles or parking at the port and finally decided to book the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport. there are many hotel options around the airport. This is only 15 minutes from the port and easy to get to off I-95 and food options within walking distance. When I checked in I was still undecided on how to work getting to port or parking there and after talking to front desk I decided to leave my car at the Hilton for $5 per day and they gave me name of a transportation service to get to port and back to hotel for $8 each way. This worked out great, left hotel at 11 am and was on ship by noon, was back at hotel at 10:15 am after doing self assist. Everything was super easy and I will do this again if I cruise out of Jacksonville. I hope this info will be helpful to someone who was in my position on a first time out of Jacksonville.

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport for our December 2016 cruise.

Do you remember the transportation service the hotel booked for you? It sounds like a deal, I'd love to know if the hotel still offers that.

The front desk gave me a card with shuttle info and I called and they picked me up: Christine Coats executive Hotel Transportation 904 504-6240. She showed me where to go after cruise and I called her when I got off the boat and they showed up in about 15 minutes. I thought the price and service were great and I will use her again next April again. I was really concerned about driving to the port or taxi. This was the easiest and most reasonable way to take this issue off the table before my cruise.

Jacksonville is definitely one of the easiest ports to leave out of. My kids still say that the Fascination is still their favorite even though it's smaller than the others.

I really wish we would get it together and get larger ships.