Liberty cruise report | 032016-032716 | Falmouth, George Town, Cozumel

M_BA

I have a couple of questions.

First, how long does it take the tendered boats to go from the ship to the docks?

Second, when you say you had to wait 45 minutes. Was that on the dock waiting for the boat or on the boat waiting to get on the ship?

I have never been to a tendered port before.

You said were long lines getting back to the ship by tender unless you were suite, pinnacle or D+..... Do they have a separate line/tender?

Love your review!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by MsLMG

We got off the Liberty a week ago....cruise May 15-22 reverse itinerary. In Grand Cayman tendering no wait or lines. We had RC excursion deluxe stingray sandbar, so first off ship, took 5-10 minutes to get from ship to port. Returning again no lines, we returned 4:30ish (all aboard/last tender 5:30). Saw no separate lines for suite, pinnacle, d+ but when we got there no lines at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Now I think you are stuck in a Mexican jail or something.....

Guatemalan, just got released with a fistful of US dead presidents... :p

Sorry for the delay, we have six small kids and life has been hectic the last two months. The end of the cruise and subsequent posts will now continue.

Patiently waiting...I hope that you find the time to come back and finish. :D I've done several trip reports on another site and I know how much work they are but hopefully you can squeeze in some time to get to the end.

Patience is a virtue, it'll be rewarded! :D

I use to live about 3 miles from that Mexican restaurant Arcos off of Aldine Westfield. You put your life in your own hands staring near that Waffle house on 1960 and 45 :):D We will be on Liberty in about 31 days cant wait!!

Waffle House was tranquil on a Sunday morning, half the customer's were in their Sunday best.

My beloved was safe, we ate at the seat farthest from the door with me facing the only public entrance.

I have a couple of questions.

First, how long does it take the tendered boats to go from the ship to the docks?

Second, when you say you had to wait 45 minutes. Was that on the dock waiting for the boat or on the boat waiting to get on the ship?

I have never been to a tendered port before.

The Grand Cayman tenders took about 15 minutes from ship to shore and vice versa. There was no wait to depart Liberty. The wait was in line to get back onto the tenders in Grand Cayman to return to Liberty.

You said were long lines getting back to the ship by tender unless you were suite, pinnacle or D+..... Do they have a separate line/tender?

Love your review!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There was a separate, and quite short, line for Suite & Pinnacle; Same tenders, just priority embarkment.

There was a separate, and quite short, line for Suite & Pinnacle; Same tenders, just priority embarkment.

Is there a line like this to return to the ship? We will be in a GS.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Is there a line like this to return to the ship? We will be in a GS.

The priority line I'm speaking about was for returning to the ship. There were a couple of small signs designating the separate line.

The Friday AM sunrise was a tranquil start to the day. It was about 0645 (-0600 GMT) and quite beautiful.

IMG_20160325_064822.jpg

IMG_20160325_064840.jpg

I let my better half snooze while I watched the ship navigate the coast of Mexico and the island of Cozumel.

We finally headed up to the Windjammer around 0800. The misses and I had the usual...

IMG_20160325_081021.jpg

As we approached the International Pier, the Harbor Pilot appeared aft to meet the ship and make contact.

IMG_20160325_081215.jpg

IMG_20160325_081223.jpg

The priority line I'm speaking about was for returning to the ship. There were a couple of small signs designating the separate line.

Wow! This is fantastic! On our previous RC cruises, I have never seen a separate priority line for returning to the ship. I'm glad you included this information in your review.

Thanks! :D

Edited by JimAOk1945

Yay! Super happy you made it back and are finishing up with Cozumel. 6 kids! :eek: It's a wonder you find time to shower let alone do a trip report! LOL This coming from someone with none. ;)

I have 2 kids and just wanted to second this comment!! I am seriously amazed by your awesomeness!!

After breakfast, it was time to watch Liberty of the Seas dock at the International Pier. I've always enjoyed watching a ship dock.

IMG_20160325_082636.jpg

The coastal views are generally quite picturesque.

IMG_20160325_082641.jpg

As we approached the pier at 0825, there were three other ships docked.

IMG_20160325_082638.jpg

Liberty of the Seas would be docking once again next to Allure of the Seas.

IMG_20160325_082641.jpg

IMG_20160325_083006.jpg

As Liberty of the Seas backed into the pier dock, I took a seven minute video of the ship docking alongside Allure of the Seas:

The pier extension for the larger RCCL ships is fascinating. The larger RCCL ships back into the pier, and the mooring extensions allow the ship to be secured to the pier extension.

IMG_20160325_082707.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

M_BA, we so enjoyed your review. We just booked on the LOS for late October, 2017 and the same itinerary you sailed. In researching for our cruise, we ran across your review. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and all the GREAT information you included. It was most informative and will help us on our upcoming trip. Thanks again for your efforts!

John & Patsy

we are booked on LOS late November and have very much enjoyed your review of this itinerary. we are booked on the same one and have been worried about Jamaica. loved the pictures at the port as well as the trip to a beach with prices. this will give us some options while making our plans. thanks muchly!