How many dance venues are on the Celebrity Constellation? How is the entertainment?

gam888

We are considering the Constellation in May. We like to do some dancing in the evenings (club dancing, basic ballroom...). Could you please tell us how many dance venues are on the ship. So far I gathered that there is a Reflections Lounge and a Rendez Vous lounge that has a live band daily? What sort of music do they play? Is there a separate "disco" on the ship with a DJ? Are these dance venues well attended? We find that depending on the ship, sometimes there are hardly anyone on the dance floor, whereas, on some other ships, the lounges are packed, the room temperature gets really warm, and the crowd makes it uncomfortable to do any dancing without bumping into someone.Are there dance lessons offered during the day time ?How do you find the other entertainment offered, the production shows..etc. Thank you in advance.

We are considering the Constellation in May. We like to do some dancing in the evenings (club dancing, basic ballroom...). Could you please tell us how many dance venues are on the ship. So far I gathered that there is a Reflections Lounge and a Rendez Vous lounge that has a live band daily? What sort of music do they play? Is there a separate "disco" on the ship with a DJ? Are these dance venues well attended? We find that depending on the ship, sometimes there are hardly anyone on the dance floor, whereas, on some other ships, the lounges are packed, the room temperature gets really warm, and the crowd makes it uncomfortable to do any dancing without bumping into someone.Are there dance lessons offered during the day time ?How do you find the other entertainment offered, the production shows..etc. Thank you in advance.

We have been on Infinity which is basically the same ship as Constellation which we will be on in June and then October. We are also ballroom and latin dancers. Assuming the same layout you are right about the two lounges.

On Infinity, the house band was usually in the Reflections lounge, but there was also a trio playing at certain times in the Rendezvous lounge. On that cruise the house band were amazing (Phillipino) and played just about everything imaginable. The trio was Argentinian and would you believe that they couldn't play us an Argentine Tango, but otherwise they were good for strict tempo stuff.

The ships usually have some dance lessons but they are pretty basic (sorry if that sounds offputting but it all depends at your level)

The only problem with X is that their dance floors are round....not the best shape for ballroom!

Thanks for your reply. We will hope for the best. We don't expect a lot of Ballroom dancing, since most ships really don't really have a large dance floor, but it would be nice to be able to do a Waltz or Cha Cha during the cruise. Hope they play decent music, I find that sometimes a live band is a hit and miss because although they might play a familiar song, but their tempo could be different and that could throw you off. Usually we just end up dancing to club music free style, or a slow tune or two, as long as there is half decent dancing, we are happy.

Thanks for your reply. We will hope for the best. We don't expect a lot of Ballroom dancing, since most ships really don't really have a large dance floor, but it would be nice to be able to do a Waltz or Cha Cha during the cruise. Hope they play decent music, I find that sometimes a live band is a hit and miss because although they might play a familiar song, but their tempo could be different and that could throw you off. Usually we just end up dancing to club music free style, or a slow tune or two, as long as there is half decent dancing, we are happy.

I'm sure you will if past cruises are anything to go by. On our last Celebrity cruise (Eclipse) there was a Ballroom hour every few days where the DJ played "proper" ballroom & Latin tracks......................keep dancing :D

Just got off the constellation April 2 transatlantic and they had music and dancing in the reflections lounge deck 11 and randezvous lounge on deck 4. The Serbian band Casablanca was my favorite and the polish band 4 elements were also good. They played various styles of music and people danced various styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app