Have You Ever....?

dmk

I am curious to know if anyone has booked a cruise before it has come out / listed. My DH and I would like to book a transatlantic cruise for the fall of 2007. I know this cruise won't be out until around May of 2006.

We will be taking a Celebrity cuise in Feb. of 2006. We don't care what date the cruise will be on in 2007 or the itinerary. And we are quite willing to put a deposit down. Foolish?

Well it will be our 25th wedding anniversary in 2007 and we would like to celebrate with a fall Transatlantic. What we do care about is getting the cabin we have in mind.

What do you think? Is it doable?

Earlier this year we were desperate to book a May 2006 sailing on the Mille in Europe. We found the itinerary published on here before it was announced by Celebrity themselves.

We spoke to Celebrity direct and were told that it was impossible to book until the day bookings opened. Celebrity took our telephone number and promised to get back to us as soon as bookings opened, but no-one ever did, despite us wanting to book a PH suite.

Our TA though found out the hour that bookings were being opened and managed to get the suite we wanted.

Good luck

Based on our experience with Celebrity, it cannot be done.

We have tried to book the fall transatlantic before it has come out. We do one every other year and did try to book the next one while on board. We were not able to book it nor were we able to put money down a cruise to named later.

From past experience - we have been following the pricing and itineraries of Celebrity transatlantics since 2000 - you'll be luck if the itineraries and pricing for 2007 will be available by June or July of 2006. We have been able to book on the day booking opened by watching Celeb's website and have not had a problem getting the cabin we wanted. In order to get the cabin I wanted, I booked directly with Celeb and then transfered the booking to my TA.

So, did you book "anything" during the cruise in order to get the credit to your onboard account for the onboard booking credit, and then when you got the transatlantic sailing on your own, used the same booking number so the credit carried over?

So, did you book "anything" during the cruise in order to get the credit to your onboard account for the onboard booking credit, and then when you got the transatlantic sailing on your own, used the same booking number so the credit carried over?

Whe we were on the Summit in April the 2006 brochure was not out so the Cruise Manager gave us a voucher which we just handed to our TA in May when we were able to make the booking - no booking or anthing was done on board.

As far as we have tried, Celebrity would not book anything unless it is in their system. Princess will let you book on board " future" cruise - booking good for 4 years. I am holding one that we booked last year without specific cruise in mind.

As far as we have tried, Celebrity would not book anything unless it is in their system. Princess will let you book on board " future" cruise - booking good for 4 years. I am holding one that we booked last year without specific cruise in mind.

she does TA around the 9th of September every year. 14 nights starting in Dover. We did it last year & went to Paris, Cork, Ireland, Belfast Ireland & were to go to Iceland but the hurricane got there first so we got Vigo,Spain same port that got this year's hurricane Vince (first for Spain).

6 days back to NYC makes for great lectures & parties.

So book the cruise while onboard to get the credit, or the voucher for your TA when she gets to book you on the TA in September.

Archived