Cruise Newbee on Vista september '16

Oligorio

Hello Everyone,

We are new to this forum and cruising. For our firts trip we booked Carnival Vista on a mediterranean itinerary (BCN, palermo, rome naples, marseille Mallorca and BCN).

We have few questions about the trip. Ill be cruising with my wife and daughter (3yr).

Is nanny service any good? is it reliable? My baby girld tend to get noisy from time to time like most of kids her age, is that going to be a problem in main dining?

It is worthy to buy the cheers! package?

We used in out past visit to spain Rick Steve's Sain book and we loved it. So we decided to buy Rick's Mediterranean ports book. So far we like the book and there are lots of interesting tips but:

There is no information for Palermo, Should we get a tour or walking we can cover "everything"? any recomendation on this port of call?

Regarding Florence and Rome and minding that we weill be traveling with a 3yr's Old. We are scared that doing those ports on our own will be lot of trouble. What is your recomendation should we book the Cruise line Excursions or should we go with Rick's Recommendations? (If we decide to use Ship's Excursion we wont be willing to pay excursions on both places)

We already have a Family Harbour State Room, should we change our room? are these good rooms?

If you have any back door tip that we shouldnt miss. Like this one little bar with awesome food authentic from a city without tourists like me :p.

Please sorry my english.