Canceling 4th person

estrawder3

We are scheduled to go on a cruise on May 1st, however my Aunt has to have surgery and cannot make it. She was the 4th person booked when it was 3rd and 4th person free. How does this affect my plans and what course should I take?

Thank you in advance.

We are scheduled to go on a cruise on May 1st, however my Aunt has to have surgery and cannot make it. She was the 4th person booked when it was 3rd and 4th person free. How does this affect my plans and what course should I take?

Thank you in advance.

She will just be a no show. End of story...

From personal experience!

You will only get the port taxes/fees back. Your aunt was the 4th person, thus the cruise fare was free. Even with Insurance, it doesn't matter. The cruise line returns the taxes.

Now if there is someone that can go in her place, you could change her name on the reservation to the new person. If there is not another person to take here place, then just have her be a No Show. No need to complicate things by canceling her since the taxes are returned whether a no show or a cancel. Sometimes canceling one person could bring on more headaches in my opinion.

Edited by djmess

Just got off the phone with NCL, they refunded us her shore excursions, her beverage package, and her taxes and what not. So that's the best we can make of a bad situation.

Didn't realize you had all that other stuff pre paid. Glad you got everything prepaid back