Paradise to become Sky?

Texbam

I did a Google search on the Paradise and saw a Wikipedia site that indicated it was scheduled for a "mass" dry dock in June 2016 and would become the Sky. I suppose like the Destiny became the Sunshine? However, the dry dock schedule doesn't show anything schedule for the Paradise. Is this true or some Wiki fiction?

I did a Google search on the Paradise and saw a Wikipedia site that indicated it was scheduled for a "mass" dry dock in June 2016 and would become the Sky. I suppose like the Destiny became the Sunshine? However, the dry dock schedule doesn't show anything schedule for the Paradise. Is this true or some Wiki fiction?

Fiction

I did a Google search on the Paradise and saw a Wikipedia site that indicated it was scheduled for a "mass" dry dock in June 2016 and would become the Sky. /quote]

WOW! You guys got me all excited! I thought I'd sailed "Paradise" so many times, that they'd decided to name the ship after ME! :eek: What an honor that would be, and maybe, they'd even let me sail anytime, for FREE! (I'd just move aboard!) LOL :cool:

"SKY"

I did a Google search on the Paradise and saw a Wikipedia site that indicated it was scheduled for a "mass" dry dock in June 2016 and would become the Sky. /quote]

WOW! You guys got me all excited! I thought I'd sailed "Paradise" so many times, that they'd decided to name the ship after ME! :eek: What an honor that would be, and maybe, they'd even let me sail anytime, for FREE! (I'd just move aboard!) LOL :cool:

"SKY"

Hey, Sky...

C'mon down to BCT some time with the 337, and let's go flying! :D My 210 is still stuck in NJ with my partner.

Hey, Sky...

C'mon down to BCT some time with the 337, and let's go flying! :D My 210 is still stuck in NJ with my partner.

Still a student, working on my cross country hours right now, but can I fly with you too?

Edited by WLHyatt

Hey, Sky...

Still a student, working on my cross country hours right now, but can I fly with you too?

I'd love to do that Lou, but the 337 is Long Gone, along with my medical, after the triple bypass! I was hoping to jump aboard your 210! ;)

WL, you too, are welcome to come fly with Lou and me. Both of you should have come to Lakeland for the Sun-n-Fun a couple of weeks ago. It keeps getting bigger, and bigger, with lots of GREAT planes, and activity. :cool:

"SKY"

Was the article date set to April 1? :p

Didn't John Heald specifically address this rumour on his Facebook last week? Pretty sure he said this was absolutely not true. Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia, remember that literally anyone can publish literally anything to Wikipedia.

Didn't John Heald specifically address this rumour on his Facebook last week? Pretty sure he said this was absolutely not true. Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia, remember that literally anyone can publish literally anything to Wikipedia.

Yes he did, and yes they can.

I'd love to do that Lou, but the 337 is Long Gone, along with my medical, after the triple bypass! I was hoping to jump aboard your 210! ;)

WL, you too, are welcome to come fly with Lou and me. Both of you should have come to Lakeland for the Sun-n-Fun a couple of weeks ago. It keeps getting bigger, and bigger, with lots of GREAT planes, and activity. :cool:

"SKY"

You should look into the Sport pilot option. You don't need a medical and can still fly, but I believe you are limited to Class D, E and G airspace and the plane can only have 2 seats and you're limited to day VFR only and a few other limitations.

I've been flying 121 for too long and haven't done any part 61 or VFR flying since 2004. I just remember all the sport pilot regulations from my CFI renewal courses that I keep current every 2 years.

Edited by stobe1

Thanks for all the great, and accurate info guys, but I'm too damn old, and too broke to fly much anymore, anyway. Sold the SkyMaster, and four motorcycles when I had the problem, and the lovely and talented Mrs. Jones tells me to forget about motorcycles , and I'm sure if I brought up buying another aircraft, the answer would be very similar. ;) No failed medical on my record either, but I think I'll just continue to enjoy two wheels, and three from the other side of the fence. ;)

See y'all at Sun-n-Fun.

"SKY"