On board Internet.

bunkrest

I have heard that P & O ships are slowly introducing a new on board Internet experience this year does anyone have any details of what that might look like in regards to pricing packages etc....

Not yet, but I have looked at American boards, that are part of Carnival where they were discussing it. Seems to be 3 figures, and sort of always on.

I bought an Internet package at £30 before going on board Azura last month. Didn't know how many minutes I was getting, but received 100 minutes once on board. I then bought a second package on board, and that cost £35, but only got 60 minutes. Also, cost £2.50 connection charge, even though I was already registered and using it. Next time, I would spend £60 before boarding, seem to get more minutes for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I hope they upgrade their terrible internet service, recently returned from a cruise with Celebrity who had on their ship Infinity a new internet system which was very good ( could stream Netflix/Skype ). It was very reasonably priced and was unlimited for usage so no logging in and out like P&O. Really, they need to upgrade and deliver a service suitable for today's requirements given the price they want to charge.

I found this news article from October last year about Carnival Corporation upgrading the wifi on their ships. It doesn't say when P&O are having theirs though. It does include pricing info.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3268288/The-WiFi-tide-turned-Cruise-ship-giant-slashes-internet-charges-90-guests-able-log-just-3-day.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I have just returned from a cruise on Oriana, and the wifi on board was definately a great improvement on that which we had on Arcadia last year. They are still using the same charging structure as before (grrrrr...!) but it was much faster.

I did not attempt Skype but I did download a radio podcast - and also uploaded photos to facebook. Whilst it was not what I am used to at home with BT infinity, it wasn't too bad especially with routine emails and (photoless) facebook posts. . And apart from one occasion the log on and log off process was almost instant...as opposed to how it used to be when it could take a couple of minutes just to connect/disconnect.

Don't know if that helps anyone!