Day in Miami

marci0914

We have a late night flight (7:30Pm) after we get off our Escape cruise in July. We would like to spend the day in Miami at the beach. I looked at the Miami Hop on Hop off bus tour and it did not get a good review. Has anyone done that? Or do you have any ideas on what we can do with our luggage while we spend the day at the beach? Will any hotels down there hold the luggage for us while we use the beach? Is there a day pass at a hotel that we could buy? Thank you so much for your help!

Yet again another lovely response from someone on this board. Im sorry that i don't spend my whole day on this website. I asked on the board for my cruise and was nastily told that was not the place to ask, ask on the norwegian board. So I ask here and yet again told nastily that that is not the place to ask. Sorry I had a question! Excuse me for thinking that maybe someone could help me out!

Yet again another lovely response from someone on this board. Im sorry that i don't spend my whole day on this website. I asked on the board for my cruise and was nastily told that was not the place to ask, ask on the norwegian board. So I ask here and yet again told nastily that that is not the place to ask. Sorry I had a question! Excuse me for thinking that maybe someone could help me out!

He did help you out by providing you a link to help you get information. More often than not the Mods will move these types of questions to the appropriate forum.

Not a big deal.

We have a late night flight (7:30Pm) after we get off our Escape cruise in July. We would like to spend the day in Miami at the beach. I looked at the Miami Hop on Hop off bus tour and it did not get a good review. Has anyone done that? Or do you have any ideas on what we can do with our luggage while we spend the day at the beach? Will any hotels down there hold the luggage for us while we use the beach? Is there a day pass at a hotel that we could buy? Thank you so much for your help!

There is an Avis not far from the port that will pick you up. You could drive out to the Keys, go to the beach or what ever you like. You could return the car to the airport. We are doing this on the day we arrive in Miami so just backwards.

If you are a member of AARP you can get a pretty nice discount on a day long rental just go through the AARP website but call Avis first to make sure you get the right location

That was actually a very helpful and appropriate response! Good grief. Who peed on your cheerios? I'd have thanked him for taking the time!

You are unreal.

I'm thinking you must be overly stressed because there was nothing nasty in Demonyte's response to your question. There is loads of information on the Florida Departure board and the link was provided for you.

One thing you could consider is a Day Pass at the Savoy Hotel in South Beach. They have a beautiful pool and the beach is right there. Cost is $25 per person per day. Info from their website:

Escape to the Savoy Hotel's Tropical Pool Area!

Relax and spend the day at our pool for only $25 per person and receive the following:

• Full Day Access to The Savoy Hotel's Amenities
  • Access to Hotel's Fitness Center
  • Chair and Towel Use
  • FREE WiFi
  • Direct Ocean / South Beach Access
  • For more information, call 305.532.02000 or e-mail: info@savoymiami.com

Here is link to their website

http://www.savoymiami.com/default.aspx?pg=specials

Hi,

I did the hop on hop off bus tour, they do a special cruise package whereby they store your luggage for you and you collect it before heading to the airport. I booked this through ncl as there was airport transfers but you can do it independently too.