Disembarking in Vancouver for early flight

Ok Putterdude and Martincath....advice please. May 13 there is only one ship docking at Canada Place.....airline reset original flight to earlier YVR departure of 11:52 am. We will be walk off passengers....do I panic?

Absolutely no panic required, you should be off the ship, thru CBSA and sitting in a cab by shortly after 0800 and YVR is 35 minutes away. You will be sitting in the departure lounge by about 0930. However, you can visit duty free store, shop and at a number shops and grab a bite to eat after clearing CBP and security.

Absolutely no panic required, you should be off the ship, thru CBSA and sitting in a cab by shortly after 0800 and YVR is 35 minutes away. You will be sitting in the departure lounge by about 0930. However, you can visit duty free store, shop and at a number shops and grab a bite to eat after clearing CBP and security.

Thank you so much!!! I think a bite to eat and little shopping sound awesome:)

Absolutely agree. Cruiselines generally refuse to transport you for flights earlier than noon or even 12:30, but they need to have a single policy that works on super-busy three-ship days as well as days with just one. The only way you will miss a flight at that time is if something ridiculous happens - ship breaks down and arrives late in port, some sort of massive civil unrest as Vancouverites rise up to protest a Smoothie tax, Moby Dick attacks your vessel - and then you'd be just as fudged with a noon flight anyway...

I'd even say it's worth the risk of having breakfast onboard and waiting until as late as 8:30am to disembark if you're not nervous travellers - even if you took an hour to get through CBSA and into a cab, you'd still be at YVR by c.10am which should be plenty of time to get through security & CBP.

Well I am not sure that I would recommend having breakfast before disembarking and being caught up with all the mob. However, I see its the Crown you are so maybe a 0630 stop at the International Café for a cappuccino and a pastry would be an idea. You will be right there in the Piazza and ready to bolt as soon as the gangway is dropped....enjoy your looong flight home.

Absolutely agree. Cruiselines generally refuse to transport you for flights earlier than noon or even 12:30, but they need to have a single policy that works on super-busy three-ship days as well as days with just one. The only way you will miss a flight at that time is if something ridiculous happens - ship breaks down and arrives late in port, some sort of massive civil unrest as Vancouverites rise up to protest a Smoothie tax, Moby Dick attacks your vessel - and then you'd be just as fudged with a noon flight anyway...

I'd even say it's worth the risk of having breakfast onboard and waiting until as late as 8:30am to disembark if you're not nervous travellers - even if you took an hour to get through CBSA and into a cab, you'd still be at YVR by c.10am which should be plenty of time to get through security & CBP.

Well I am not sure that I would recommend having breakfast before disembarking and being caught up with all the mob. However, I see its the Crown you are so maybe a 0630 stop at the International Café for a cappuccino and a pastry would be an idea. You will be right there in the Piazza and ready to bolt as soon as the gangway is dropped....enjoy your looong flight home.

I think a stop at the IC sounds like a good idea. I would love a sit down breakfast...but i think knowing I'm all set at YVR in plenty of time will prevent my travel heartburn:o

The problem with getting from Canada Place to the airport is that most of the time is spent on city streets and not freeways. Saturday should be OK but there is risk. Now that the SkyTrain is running, that might work. Last time at YVR, there were no lines at the ticket counters, but even with short lines at security, it takes time to get through. Good luck!

The problem with getting from Canada Place to the airport is that most of the time is spent on city streets and not freeways. Saturday should be OK but there is risk. Now that the SkyTrain is running, that might work. Last time at YVR, there were no lines at the ticket counters, but even with short lines at security, it takes time to get through. Good luck!

Well you are correct, the trip to the airport is for the most part on city streets however, with a city street you can often go around any blockage whereas on a freeway if there is a blockage often you are there for the duration. Another thing that I often think about as I drive to and from the airport is that a person gets to see a bit of the city and of course from YVR to Vancouver, the city's skyline with the mountain backdrop.

• 3 weeks later...