Princess vs P&O

Chris86

Hello. It has been a long time since my last P&O cruise. After completing a Princess cruise. I defiantly appreciate the princess product over P&O. i.e. food and entertainment. However recently a new itinerary has come to light on Pacific Eden. We are considering giving it another go. However food and entertainment is important to us. Since it has been a long time what should I expect from P&O now? What is the cost of up charge restaurants as I will be willing to pay for a decent meal.

Thanks,

Chris

We recently cruised on the Pacific Aria on our 12th cruise over various lines and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We felt the food was of a good standard and there was plenty of choices.

On our previous P & O cruises we had eaten nearly every meal at The Waterfront, this time we didn't

For Dinner we alternated between Angelos the Italian (Think Antipasto Plates. Osso Bucco, Risotto, Chicken Parmigana, not Pizza) and Dragon Lady the Asian Fusion (Gyozmas, Chicken Satays, Soft Shell Crab, Braised Beef Cheeks not Sweet and Sour Prawns, Fried Rice).

Breakfast and Lunches we had at the Pantry. There was plenty of variety and we never had to line up.

There were a lot of different bars each one having it own theme or form of entertainment, the Blue Room and the Ocean Bar were our favorites.

The Oasis Pool and Bar were also great and not too crowded just for adults.

The cruise we were on was the Bounty Adventure and they had a very well spoken historian on board who gave 4 well informed talks on the area.

Just from talking to some other experienced cruisers this ship seem to be marketed more for middle aged cruisers, my daughter is 15 and not into Kids Club and she had a great time just being with us.

Our next cruise is again on the Aria our 2nd trip to PNG and we can't wait.