bringing wine on board

We are shortly joining Britannia and having done many American lines recently, we are looking forward to the more relaxed attitude towards bring aboard wine which it seems is more acceptable with P&O. As we intend to bring a couple of bottles to enjoy on the balcony could you help with how is the best way to bring it aboard -? is it better to bring it in the hand luggage and be open about it, or is it best to stash it into the cases? Just wondering how open they are about it and what is considered an acceptable amount.

thanks for any suggestions.

We always have 3 bottles in each of our back packs, no need to hide it as its a nothing unreasonable. Avoid luggage as you may end up with some wet and smelly clothes. We are thinking of bringing a mini wheeled suitcase next time with a couple of wine boxes as it seems easier.

There really is no need to hide it from them - it is all openly acceptable. I would definitely bring it in the hand luggage rather than risk breakages in the suitcase.

You put it throught the scanner and they are usually very good about how they handle it in security - I was asked if my obvious bottle was OK lying on its side or whether I preferred it standing up.

Edited by Scriv

There really is no need to hide it from them - it is all openly acceptable. I would definitely bring it in the hand luggage rather than risk breakages in the suitcase.

You put it throught the scanner and they are usually very good about how they handle it in security - I was asked if my obvious bottle was OK lying on its side or whether I preferred it standing up.

Yes I fully agree, they don't mind at all, as long as it's a reasonable amount I believe and not cases and cases.

Yes I fully agree, they don't mind at all, as long as it's a reasonable amount I believe and not cases and cases.

And you are not already sloshed whilst carrying it on lol

Edited by Scriv