Chefs Table Manners

nator555

I don't like fish or sea food and wonder if I would offend the chef if I passed on a few plates that were offered to me? I would try anything else:) My boyfriend eats anything and we are dying to have this experience.

No, if asked you can politely say you do not enjoy seafood and leave it at that. However, the chef would be imposed upon if you requested substitute courses of equal or better complexity in preparation and execution in an attempt to achieve par value for your price of admission. Also, if you are considering asking for any substitutions correct etiquette/form would be to make this known at the time of booking and allow them to respond if and how they can accommodate you. I hope it works out for you.

A night or so before the dinner the chief came to our table in the dinning room and asked us if we had anything we didn't like or allergies! My mom said she does not do raw anything and the chef made her a different appetizer for that item!

Carnival Chefs are always so good if you can't or don't eat a specific thing. The Chef has come to our table a night or two from the dinner and talked with us. My son is fine with everything but I have trouble with some things including sea food of any kind. I told him to just not worry about it and I would just give my portion to my son but he has made something for me. One Chef told me it gives him a chance to try out something new.

Princess cruises will not change a thing so we haven't tried the Table on that line.

tigercat

There are lots of people who don't eat seafood for one reason or another. You are hardly alone. Allergies, religious beliefs, personal preference, there are any number of reasons why. If you say something, the Chefs will always be more than happy to make something else.

I think the problem arises when people *don't* say something ahead of time, the Chef makes something that they hope is pleasing, and then there are issues.

Have a great cruise!

I seem to remember that the chef came by our table a night or so before and asked if we had any preferences/allergies and so forth. We didn't but at least they asked. I would definitely tell them when you book it that you don't care for seafood and they will probably make you another dish instead. Worst case, your boyfriend gets a second helping!