How much are "boat drink" cocktails?

RMac713

I have noticed that when I choose the beverage package as one of our perks, the price of our weeklong cruise goes up about $200 due to the service charge. The dining in the signature restaurants makes it go up about $24.

Now I saw a package for 3 meals in signature dining restaurants and it is $70 a person, so I know that is a good deal. If we drank a lot I'm sure the $200 would be a deal over paying $80 a day each for drinking, but we would never drink that much.

To know if this is worth it, I need to know how much the occasional "boat drink" (BBC, pina colada) will cost me. I would probably do one of those a day, maybe two--but not $80 worth.

Thanks for any info.

If you count a $6 beer with 18% gratuity for $7 (the cheapest alcoholic drink on the menu), and the UBP is $79 per day with 18% gratuity or just over $14, then you more-or-less break even on two beers a day and ultimately save money if you drink more than that (or have more expensive drinks).

I'm not a heavy drinker either, but I like a frozen drink when lounging around the pool and having a martini before dinner, so there's my two, and anything extra (like a soda at lunch) is a bonus.