Using Adventure Ocean on port days

We are debating leaving our 6 year in Adventure Ocean for one port day, so we can have an adult day. Has anyone take advantage of this? Is there any form of communication with the ship if needed? Like if he was to get hurt, although I am even more concerned of something happening to us and him being on the ship. I know I am over thinking this and the likely hood of something happening is slim to none, I am still a nervous nelly. TIA

Edited by NECruiser83

I don't know about now but back when my son was little, we often left him with the ships care program when we were in port for snorkeling and such. They knew our itinerary and could reach us if necessary. That was the great part of cruising with the kids, we had time for them and time for us.

I have Verizon, will it work on St Martin?

Bets to check with your carrier. It may work, but you might have to pay roaming charges.

Edited by clarea

We have done it in Cozumel, our son didn't want to see Cozumel again and we wanted to just stroll a bit so we left him in the kids club.

Little stressful around your point of "what if ??", bothered my wife more than me but we had fun and everyone was happier than dragging him along for the ride.

Your cellphone should work in St Martin, the only question will be how much it costs if you/they use it.

I am not concerned with the cost, as long as there is something for thr slim chance of the "what if" just to put my mind at ease! Like I said, the chances are not likely, and we aren't going off doing something extravagant excursion, just a little piece of mind goes a long way, thank you everyone!

I am not concerned with the cost, as long as there is something for thr slim chance of the "what if" just to put my mind at ease! Like I said, the chances are not likely, and we aren't going off doing something extravagant excursion, just a little piece of mind goes a long way, thank you everyone!

As I said, best to check with your carrier to be sure you have a phone that will work where you intend to travel. Have a list of the stops you will make when you contact them. I know that some areas use a system that might be incompatible with certain types of Verizon phones.

As I said, best to check with your carrier to be sure you have a phone that will work where you intend to travel. Have a list of the stops you will make when you contact them. I know that some areas use a system that might be incompatible with certain types of Verizon phones.

Agreed, I am going to call and find out. I heard phones work regular in St Thomas since it's a US territory, u am going to call and find out about Nassau and St Martin. Thanks for the input!