C & A First time on RCCL

This will be our 10th cruise but first on RCCL.

I just signed up for C & A. Will I be eligible for C & A discounts/perks on this first cruise?

No. RCI does not honour any other cruise line loyalty programmes. C&a gold status isn't achieved until after you have 3 cruise points (nights at sea). Points are awarded upon completion of your first cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If your other cruises were on Celebrity there is a reciprocal agreement and you can get on RCI at the same level you are on on Celebrity. If it's another cruise line then you won't get any credit until you sale an RCCL line.

Tom

No. RCI does not honour any other cruise line loyalty programmes. C&a gold status isn't achieved until after you have 3 cruise points (nights at sea). Points are awarded upon completion of your first cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not correct if you sailed Celebrity. There are certain levels they do give you compatible levels on RC up to Diamond

Edited by Spurschick

You will turn gold DURING your first cruise by nights. However, Royals does not award your points until two weeks AFTER your cruise. I will turn platinum 3 or so days into my next cruise, but won't exercise the benefits.

Not correct if you sailed Celebrity. There are certain levels they do give you compatible levels on RC up to Diamond

The OP would have to be Select on Celebrity to get reciprocity, and I only saw two Celebrity cruises.

You will turn gold DURING your first cruise by nights. However, Royals does not award your points until two weeks AFTER your cruise. I will turn platinum 3 or so days into my next cruise, but won't exercise the benefits.

Unless they have cruised enough on X to qualify for a tier level. Then they could get their tier level before sailing.

The OP would have to be Select on Celebrity to get reciprocity, and I only saw two Celebrity cruises.

I didn't pay much attention to their signature:D that being said with the new points based on cabin it is theoretically possible if they sailed in high enough suites to get the 150 points after 2 cruises. Not impossible :D

By my calculations 14 nights in Celebrity Suite or higher is 168 points:)

Edited by Spurschick

I didn't pay much attention to their signature:D that being said with the new points based on cabin it is theoretically possible if they sailed in high enough suites to get the 150 points after 2 cruises. Not impossible :D

Both cruises were pre change to points, but you're right, each cruise could have got them 3 credits, and they could be Select.

Edited by clarea

By my calculations 14 nights in Celebrity Suite or higher is 168 points:)

We will be in a JS for our upcoming 7 night cruise.

Both cruises were pre change to points, but you're right, each cruise could have got them 3 credits, and they could be Select.

Interesting. All my points (pre change) were converted on exact cabins I had sailed. I guess because they had been quite recent before the change.

Edited by Spurschick

While I understand what you are trying to say it´s exactly what People confuses.

Nobody is turning any Level during a cruise. Nights are calculated By nights sailed, but they are not awarded By night sailed, but only By Cruises completed.

The only exemption from the rule is turning D+ to Pinnacle. This final move up in Tiers happens during the cruise and will be recognized during the cruise.