Captain's Cocktail Party ?

TotallyAngelic

Do they have a Captain's Cocktail party on P&O ships? We have always had this on the 2 other lines we have cruised with, both offering complementary drinks. On DCL it was watered down not very nice cocktails, and on RCI it was glasses of delicious Prosecco. Just wondering if they do this on P&O and what drinks do they offer. Thank you.

Do they have a Captain's Cocktail party on P&O ships? We have always had this on the 2 other lines we have cruised with, both offering complementary drinks. On DCL it was watered down not very nice cocktails, and on RCI it was glasses of delicious Prosecco. Just wondering if they do this on P&O and what drinks do they offer. Thank you.

They do have the Captain's Welcome on Board Party. They do have complimentary drinks like G&T and wine and if you place yourself strategically you can get more than one. On the P&O ships we have been on it took place in the Atrium and there were two to reflect the dinner sittings. If you are in Freedom Dining you will be invited to one of them.

The Captain gives a speech and introduces his Senior Officers. It usually takes place on the first Black Tie night. This normally the first full day.

I hope this helps.

Eddi

They do have the Captain's Welcome on Board Party. They do have complimentary drinks like G&T and wine and if you place yourself strategically you can get more than one. On the P&O ships we have been on it took place in the Atrium and there were two to reflect the dinner sittings. If you are in Freedom Dining you will be invited to one of them.

The Captain gives a speech and introduces his Senior Officers. It usually takes place on the first Black Tie night. This normally the first full day.

I hope this helps.

Eddi

Thank you. We don't know our dining allocation yet but are hoping for freedom.

Will try and get strategically placed ;);)

Thank you. We don't know our dining allocation yet but are hoping for freedom.

Will try and get strategically placed ;);)

Within reason you can have any drink. Don't think you will get cocktails as they are too time consuming. Avoid the G&T's because they are pre-Prepared and the ice melts and you get a watery drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Do ask for Fizz if you like it - they don't always offer it but they will get it. Not sure it's proper Champagne but it's nice even if it's Prosecco it's still good.

I prefer Prosecco to Champagne actually so that's all good - I will ask for it :D Thank you.