Just off of The Conquest. Questions?

Folsom

Looking forward to reading your review, what ports did you visit?

Grand Turk, Stayed at Margaritaville.

La Romana, I did laundry on board ship, then left to get a beer before getting back on board.

Curacao, we did our own walking tour of the city.

Aruba, went to Eagle beach.

-F-

Speaking of beer, did you happen to notice the craft beer selections? I LOVE Cigar City beers so I was happy to hear Florida ships carried them. We are going on Conquest in July. I expect Cigar City will get most of my beer dollars. Is it still just Cracker and an IPA?

Do you (or does anyone) know if or how often they rotate craft beer selections in?

I will do a quick review in a day or so but I always like it when other CC members open it up to questions right after the voyage.

Cheers

-F-

I read some reviews from Feb that said sail away has been a "ghost ship" We you guys able to watch sail away and enjoy the party or has she been leaving late again?

I read some reviews from Feb that said sail away has been a "ghost ship" We you guys able to watch sail away and enjoy the party or has she been leaving late again?

Our muster drill was done in plenty of time for sailaway, so if that is what you are referring to, then no it was not a ghost ship. As usual the drill seemed to take a while to get going, but once stated, was not to bad.

Cheers

-F-

I was just on the Conquest April 16-24. What were the movie titles that were shown that week?

I know they showed:

Pitch Perfect 2

Jerassic World

Star Wars (only one we watched)

The Revenant (after midnight)

Inside Out

Transylvania something.

-F-

• 2 weeks later...
I will do a quick review in a day or so but I always like it when other CC members open it up to questions right after the voyage.

Cheers

-F-

My wife and I will be on Conquest in June and we have my-time-dining. Just curious in the event you had similar dining, how your servers were and any you would recommend?

Thanks!

Steve

do some people do the dress up thing on the two dress up nights. also did you see some people dress up nice the other nights? the reason I ask is because usually when we go on cruises my wife will wear dress and heels at night and I will a nice shirt and a nice pair of pants. we haven't been on carnival for along time and we don't want to feel out of place. I know carnival is very informal. thank you

Honestly, I have no idea what other people have on. If you are seated up front then you can tell but it really makes no difference what anyone wears. My wife dressed every night for MDR but that's what she likes to do when we cruise. I had a pair of dress slacks and a polo, no tie. Others in our group had on jeans and collared shirt. As long as you didn't have shorts on, you were admitted. I see no reason to get dressed up for the level of food they serve and at the pace they serve. I would be more inclined to dress up for the Steak House than the MDR. I find it very over rated.

do some people do the dress up thing on the two dress up nights. also did you see some people dress up nice the other nights? the reason I ask is because usually when we go on cruises my wife will wear dress and heels at night and I will a nice shirt and a nice pair of pants. we haven't been on carnival for along time and we don't want to feel out of place. I know carnival is very informal. thank you

There are people that get dressed every night and others that do not. You will not be out of place no matter your choice.

I have seen men in tuxedos and women in gowns on elegant nights. Others dress more casual.

Enjoy your cruise and dress to the nines if you like!!

We always had service both AM and PM...never saw the form on the Conquest.

Muster is outside.

Thanks so much. All Conquest class ships we have been on thus far muster has been outside, but thought I would ask.

Hi- can you please tell me if the room safes use keypads or are the kind where you swipe a card? thanks!

Our room had the card swipe safe. We would prefer keypads, but that is what they had.

-F-

My wife and I will be on Conquest in June and we have my-time-dining. Just curious in the event you had similar dining, how your servers were and any you would recommend?

Thanks!

Steve

Our head waiter was Jhunior and he was very good as was his assistant Peter. We had table 302, early dining and thought that time worked well based on our port times. This is the first time we wen other than ATD and actually liked the set time better.

Enjoy

-F-

Did you do self assist? If so, what time were you off the ship? Thanks.

No. we had FTTF so we had group 2, and put our luggage out the night before debark.

We took our time and were probably off around 9:30.

Be advised that the TSA lines in FLL were crazy long (1.5 hours).

-F-