Just off of The Conquest. Questions?

Folsom

Did you get the new cabin service AM or PM form?

Was muster inside or outside?

We never saw a form and had service both times every day. Nor did we have a discussion with our Steward about it.

Muster was outside on the Promanade Deck. It was just a little longer than I think it could be, but not too bad. I saw they pulled some people out of the que (elderly, prego) and took them inside.

-F-

do some people do the dress up thing on the two dress up nights. also did you see some people dress up nice the other nights? the reason I ask is because usually when we go on cruises my wife will wear dress and heels at night and I will a nice shirt and a nice pair of pants. we haven't been on carnival for along time and we don't want to feel out of place. I know carnival is very informal. thank you

it's Carnival so you will see everything. Formal nights range from tuxes (very few) to polo shirt and slacks. On other nights, some may wear suit coats but most will wear polos and button downs and in some cases tee-shirts.

I wore a polo and dress shorts on "cruise casual" nights and suit and tie on formals. My wife dressed up every night, so she "out dressed" me most nights.

Like I said it's Carnival, so do what you like and try not to get offended by what others do.

Cheers

-F-

There are people that get dressed every night and others that do not. You will not be out of place no matter your choice.

I have seen men in tuxedos and women in gowns on elegant nights. Others dress more casual.

Enjoy your cruise and dress to the nines if you like!!

Great comment.

-F-

Where did you hang out on sea days? We usually spend time on the serenity deck (adults only) but there isn't one on Conquest. What was the deck chair situation?

There is a serenity deck, it is lust forward and without a pool.

On sea days, I usually find a shady spot at the Blue Iguana or Red Frog and just chill. Also spent a lot of time at the adult pool near the bar.

I found there were always chairs available, but usually on the deck above Lido. I no longer get upset at the chair hogs ( I guess they won), since there will never be solution that works. I just expect that every ship (not just Carnival) and resort will have this problem. Since I am not about to get up at 6:00 and bo one of them, I have adapted to other areas.

Have fun

-F-

My wife and I will be on Conquest in June and we have my-time-dining. Just curious in the event you had similar dining, how your servers were and any you would recommend?

Thanks!

Steve

We were on the April 30th sailing and had My Time Dining. On day 3 we had Made and Il Gusti. They were fantastic! Highly recommend requesting them. Made was warm and welcoming and Il Gusti always had a smile on his face. Prompt service and very personable. Best team we have ever had!

Enjoy your cruise!

Where did you hang out on sea days? We usually spend time on the serenity deck (adults only) but there isn't one on Conquest. What was the deck chair situation?

We found chairs around the main pool every day without a problem. Loved the lay out of the Conquest. The tiered deck seemed to add additional chair space and there were always a couple empty ones. Maybe we just got lucky. We never made it out to the deck before late morning - early afternoon.

To answer a couple of questions I read:

Room safes are still using a card swipe - something that needs an update!

Some folks were very dressed up on "elegant" nights and many women were wearing dresses on other nights too, men were wearing long pants and polos, not too many ties on casual nights. There was a lot of variety and you will be fine whatever you chose to do, just no t-shirts in dining room!

Muster was a bit long but it only happens once! We were on deck 4 in the shade so not too bad really. We were done in plenty of time to enjoy Sail Away.

Hope this helps!

Curacao, we did our own walking tour of the city.

Did you have some sort of guide or walking tour brochure? We are doing this route in October and we are wanting to do a walking tour in Curacao.

There is a serenity deck, it is lust forward and without a pool.

On sea days, I usually find a shady spot at the Blue Iguana or Red Frog and just chill. Also spent a lot of time at the adult pool near the bar.

I found there were always chairs available, but usually on the deck above Lido. I no longer get upset at the chair hogs ( I guess they won), since there will never be solution that works. I just expect that every ship (not just Carnival) and resort will have this problem. Since I am not about to get up at 6:00 and bo one of them, I have adapted to other areas.

Have fun

-F-

Great news, I am pretty sure I read Conquest didn't have Serenity, but glad to know! Thanks!:)

We found chairs around the main pool every day without a problem. Loved the lay out of the Conquest. The tiered deck seemed to add additional chair space and there were always a couple empty ones. Maybe we just got lucky. We never made it out to the deck before late morning - early afternoon.

Yes we have done multiple cruises on Freedom, Liberty, and Glory and like the layout also. Thanks for the info on Conquest!

We sail out on the Conquest next weekend (May 22). I've been reading a lot of complaints about Port Everglades (we've never cruised out of there before.). Long slow lines going in to the terminal. Cramped, standing room only waiting area for priority cruisers. Once boarding begins, rude people pushing and knocking others down. I don't know how much I've read is exaggerated and how much is true. We have FTTF, but I don't want to arrive too early if we'll have a real long wait in a cramped area. What would be a good time to arrive at the port? 10:00? 10:30? 11:00? And are we better off not even going into the room for those with priority boarding? And how was the process at Customs on Debarkation Day? I've read that the lines are really long and really slow, and that people can be rude and pushy there too. I'm looking forward to our cruise, but not so much Port Everglades. What can we realistically expect?

We sail out on the Conquest next weekend (May 22). I've been reading a lot of complaints about Port Everglades (we've never cruised out of there before.). Long slow lines going in to the terminal. Cramped, standing room only waiting area for priority cruisers. Once boarding begins, rude people pushing and knocking others down. I don't know how much I've read is exaggerated and how much is true. We have FTTF, but I don't want to arrive too early if we'll have a real long wait in a cramped area. What would be a good time to arrive at the port? 10:00? 10:30? 11:00? And are we better off not even going into the room for those with priority boarding? And how was the process at Customs on Debarkation Day? I've read that the lines are really long and really slow, and that people can be rude and pushy there too. I'm looking forward to our cruise, but not so much Port Everglades. What can we realistically expect?

Port Everglades can be really busy depending on what ships are in port that day and what peir you are going out of. We had FTTF and got to the Pier(19) after the initial surge of Plat/Diamond/FTTF travelers. This allowed us to virtually walk right on the ship in about 10 minutes. Sure, you may not be the first to the rum bar, but we had no problems and was all very smooth.

If you choose to get there prior to say 11:30, there will be lines of regular passengers waiting to get processed as well as all of those "expecting" to breeze right onto the ship. So obviously, I would suggest waiting the extra hour and saving yourself a lot of stress.

enjoy

-F-

Regarding debarkation at Pt Everglades - the line to get through customs was crazy long but moved steadily the entire time we were waiting. I was glad we were not in any rush. We had been waiting on the ship for our zone to be called. Once it was called we found our luggage quickly and joined the long line of folks. I think it is just a fact of modern life, the customs, Homeland and other security folks just have to do their jobs, no point in getting excited. It was worse once we got outside with folks (like us) trying to leave and people already pouring in to board. My attitude is, "I had a great week, I am just going to keep smiling!". Hope your trip is wonderful!!

Port Everglades can be really busy depending on what ships are in port that day and what peir you are going out of. We had FTTF and got to the Pier(19) after the initial surge of Plat/Diamond/FTTF travelers. This allowed us to virtually walk right on the ship in about 10 minutes. Sure, you may not be the first to the rum bar, but we had no problems and was all very smooth.

If you choose to get there prior to say 11:30, there will be lines of regular passengers waiting to get processed as well as all of those "expecting" to breeze right onto the ship. So obviously, I would suggest waiting the extra hour and saving yourself a lot of stress.

enjoy

-F-

Thank-you for your response. We have a cabana rented at HMC, so I'd like to get to the Excursions Desk as soon as possible to try to get a specific one.

Regarding debarkation at Pt Everglades - the line to get through customs was crazy long but moved steadily the entire time we were waiting. I was glad we were not in any rush. We had been waiting on the ship for our zone to be called. Once it was called we found our luggage quickly and joined the long line of folks. I think it is just a fact of modern life, the customs, Homeland and other security folks just have to do their jobs, no point in getting excited. It was worse once we got outside with folks (like us) trying to leave and people already pouring in to board. My attitude is, "I had a great week, I am just going to keep smiling!". Hope your trip is wonderful!!

I guess we'll just deal with Debarkation as best as we can. We won't be in any big rush. We have a mid afternoon flight out at 2:00, so there won't be a big hurry to get to the airport. Maybe we can just relax on the ship and be among the last to leave.

I am looking at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for a one night stay. Do you have any idea how much a shuttle to the ship will be, per person? I will have 8. I see from other posts, an uber/taxi from airport should be around $15.00 per car.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Is sushi available to purchase on the Conquest? I have read a couple different things regarding this.

2. Parking thoughts/opinions? I haven't decided what I should do yet. I am debating between parking at port, doing park and ride (seems cheaper but worried about shutting with luggage, 4yr old, etc), or staying at a nearby hotel and keeping car there (again, worried about dealing with the whole shuttle hassle). Last cruise I was blessed with being dropped off at port by a family member.

3. What seemed to be an appropriate dress code for formal night? Would dress pants and polo be appropriate for men? Nice dress (not cotton) and nicer flip flop be acceptable for women?