Booking a future cruise while onboard ?

nychad10

We are going on a cruise in June and are planning on taking advantage of any perks (I only know of OBC) that is being offered at the time by Carnival. We probably wont have a firm date when we can travel but know it would be in 2017 either during Spring break or the summer.

Does anyone know if we have to actually book the exact cruise we will be going on or is there some type of option where you just pay the deposit for a cruise with an unknown date?

We are going on a cruise in June and are planning on taking advantage of any perks (I only know of OBC) that is being offered at the time by Carnival. We probably wont have a firm date when we can travel but know it would be in 2017 either during Spring break or the summer.

Does anyone know if we have to actually book the exact cruise we will be going on or is there some type of option where you just pay the deposit for a cruise with an unknown date?

Book a short cruise at a date long into the future using the Past Guest rate (this is important do not book ES). When you decide on the cruise that you want, call your PVP and have the booking changed to the cruise that you actually wish to go on. You have to make sure that they DO NOT change your booking number, your OBC is tied to that number.

I've done this and it works.

Ok great. Thank you.

Book a short cruise at a date long into the future using the Past Guest rate (this is important do not book ES). When you decide on the cruise that you want, call your PVP and have the booking changed to the cruise that you actually wish to go on. You have to make sure that they DO NOT change your booking number, your OBC is tied to that number.

This is what we do.

When we go to the Future Cruise Desk we ask for the farthest out three-day cruise available. We always make sure it's booked under Past Guest rates. When we get home we contact our PVP with the booking. As I research and the perfect cruise comes along, I call him and request the booking be transferred to the new cruise. Our OBC amount adjusts accordingly with the length of the new cruise.

Edited by stargate fan

Im not familiar with the difference between the specials. We always book ES. Why does it need to be past guest?

Because Past Guest doesn't have a $50 per person penalty for cancellations and changes. If you book under Early Saver, you will have to pay $100 (based on double occupancy) to switch the cruise. Which will defeat the purpose of getting the $100 OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

Because Past Guest doesn't have a $50 per person penalty for cancellations and changes. If you book under Early Saver, you will have to pay $100 (based on double occupancy) to switch the cruise. Which will defeat the purpose of getting the $100 OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh ok! I understand. So they can you still take advantage of price drops? I booked on my cruise in March and the price dropped and the first time I called they told me I wasnt eligible for price drops because I didnt book ES. I wasnt sure what the special was that I booked so I called my PVP and he adjusted it for me

Oh ok! I understand. So they can you still take advantage of price drops? I booked on my cruise in March and the price dropped and the first time I called they told me I wasnt eligible for price drops because I didnt book ES. I wasnt sure what the special was that I booked so I called my PVP and he adjusted it for me

You can get price drops on past guest up until final payment.

When you change the cruise, if you wish to go ES, you can. Just have the PVP change it the ES rate.

Do you have to know who you are selling with if you book at the future cruise desk? I'd like to book a cruise for 2017 when I'm on my cruise in September, but am still trying to find someone to cruise with.

You can book as a single but you'll have to pay double the deposit. When you find a roomie, then you can add that person at the current cruise rate.

It is definitely a good idea to book Past Guest rate in case you can't find someone and choose to cancel before the final payment date of the cruise.

You can get price drops on past guest up until final payment.

When you change the cruise, if you wish to go ES, you can. Just have the PVP change it the ES rate.

Ok, so, I'm booked as PG right now, but we found the cruise we really want... ES saves us $10 a person... We can switch from PG to ES? That makes me happy. That's 2 more fundrinks!

So when you book more than a year out are there any rates that aren't eligible for price drops? The first two times I called after booking onboard they told my I wasn't eligible for price drops. So I assumed I wasn't booked ES. The third time I called my PVP and he first told me I wasn't eligible because of the way my booking was coded. He put me on hold for a while and came back and told me he fixed it.

So when you book more than a year out are there any rates that aren't eligible for price drops? The first two times I called after booking onboard they told my I wasn't eligible for price drops. So I assumed I wasn't booked ES. The third time I called my PVP and he first told me I wasn't eligible because of the way my booking was coded. He put me on hold for a while and came back and told me he fixed it.

Not sure. I always specifically request the Past Guest rate, because I know that there are no restrictions on that regarding price drops and penalties for changing the booking.