Looking for opinions about Aft View Extended Balcony Conquest Class

Bluemoon319

My sister & I booked a standard balcony cabin just a few in from the outside Lido deck area. Well it turns out that my niece decided to join us. I am very happy about this, but unfortunately we will have to give up that cabin since it only accommodates 2 guests. :( There are other balconies available, but not a whole lot, and not in nearly as nice of a location so I am now thinking about an Aft View Extended Balcony. I know these balconies are roomier, but they also don't seem to be very private and you look down on someone else's balcony rather than the ocean. I've also heard that people throw trash down below sometimes, but this may just be rumor. The ship is the Valor which is a Conquest Class ship (Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, and Valor)

I would really love to hear pros & cons about these balconies from people who have had them before.

I have had an Aft balcony on Carnival Freedom (deck 6) and Conquest (deck 7), so I am your guy.

Technically when you look down you can see someone below you if they are at the railing looking over. But if they are sitting or lounging, they cannot be seen from the balconies above them. The bigger privacy issue is your neighbor as the dividers are slanted and if the wish to they can look right into your balcony, but that has never been an issue for me.

As far as "trash", it would have to come from deck 10 (one deck above the aft pool) in order to blow into your space. I have never noticed any trash on my balconies, but that is not to say it does not happen. I would hover be surprised if yo would get more than a napkin once or twice. But do not be shocked if you get a little soot out there. It is rarely an issue, but I have seen some on the table.

Be aware that the comedy club (deck 5) can be hear from deck 6 and that the aft pool (deck 9) along with it's sliding deck chairs may be heard from deck 8. That is why we went with deck 7 this time and never had any noise issues.

Finally be aware that the center 2 rooms on deck 6 are a full 12 inches narrower than any other cabin, I have seen. It is not mentioned anywhere but it is hard to move between the wall and the end of the bed on those 2 cabins. I am not sure about other floors but I had that room and it was way smaller than the one we just had.

cheers

-F-

I've had aft extendeds on multiple ships and have another one book on Conquest. I didn't notice any trash, but occasionally there would be soot on the balcony, not very often but occasionally. Also there is no air movement in the back so depending on when you go, it can be very warm back there.

If you can, look at rooms 8450 and 8457. Those balconies are wider than the others. It doesn't show on the deck plans, but comparing to my friend who was directly below my room, our balcony seemed about 1.5x as wide as his was.

I don't remember noise from above, but I do see this complaint quite often though.

Edited by vwrestler171

I have had an Aft balcony on Carnival Freedom (deck 6) and Conquest (deck 7), so I am your guy.

Finally be aware that the center 2 rooms on deck 6 are a full 12 inches narrower than any other cabin, I have seen. It is not mentioned anywhere but it is hard to move between the wall and the end of the bed on those 2 cabins. I am not sure about other floors but I had that room and it was way smaller than the one we just had.

cheers

-F-

I'm going to be in cabin 6454 on the Valor. Can you tell me if it is one of the narrow ones? I booked an aft cabin because I kept reading people raving about them and now that I have one booked, I keep reading negative things, like no breeze. I am hoping I haven't made a big mistake.

We recently returned from a Glory cruise in aft cabin 7442. This cabin was next to the wrap on the port side. We did not have a sofa, just a chair and a small table. This is a 2 person room. There was plenty of room for 2 people, no complaints about the size of the room. The balcony held 2 loungers and one small table. Now, we did experience cigarette butts daily. Never did see any one above us smoking, never smelled anything either but they were there, every day. Never had any other trash or soot. You could see your neighbors on either side if you looked around the divider but this was not a problem. We could not see people on the balcony below unless they were standing at the rail. It was very hot, no breeze and little shade. This is the reason we will not choose an aft again. I don't know about other ships but there was a vibration in this cabin. Not enough to keep us awake (in fact I think it helped me sleep at night, very subtle when you were in bed). This vibration was not constant, just intermittent. I'm sure it was because of aft location.

Also note that the cabins on deck 8 that are next to the wrap-around cabins have an extra-wide balcony. These are cabins 8450 and 8457. The cabins are no larger than any others, but they have bigger balconies. The deck plans do not indicate the wider balcony, but if you look at any pictures showing the aft balconies, you will notice they are wider. The CC Virtual Tour shows what appears to be cabin 8450 as the example of the aft-balcony cabins. (Search for Freedom Cabin 8450 on the popular website with videos to find a video tour of the extra-wide balconies)

This is only on Deck 8.

Edited by Pops, Esq.