Summit vs. Silhouette

irishayes

We will be going to St. Maarten next spring. Can you tell me more about your favorite boat tour? Was it through Celebrity or independent? Thanks for any info!

Search the St Maarten forum and Tripadvisor for Captain Bob. It was a power boat trip with about 12 passengers. They picked us up at the cruise ship dock, took us to his marina, and then we toured the harbor, did some snorkeling, then went up the coast to the French side, then back down stopping for lunch and watching the planes land from the end of the runway. It was not a "cushy" trip as we cruised at high speed to cover that much water, but it was an absolutely fantastic trip.

Search the St Maarten forum and Tripadvisor for Captain Bob. It was a power boat trip with about 12 passengers. They picked us up at the cruise ship dock, took us to his marina, and then we toured the harbor, did some snorkeling, then went up the coast to the French side, then back down stopping for lunch and watching the planes land from the end of the runway. It was not a "cushy" trip as we cruised at high speed to cover that much water, but it was an absolutely fantastic trip.

Wow - awesome reviews. Thank you so much for the tip. Sounds like a must-do!

Although we love the S-Class ships, we just got off the Summit and had a fantastic time, maybe our best cruise to date. Even though they didn't update the cabins, overall the ship is in great condition and the service was the best I've experienced on Celebrity. I think Captain Kate has a lot to do with that. They have also added the Rooftop Terrace which we loved!! As for nightlife, as someone already mentioned, with a port intensive itinerary, you will likely be happy with the nightlife. The bars are hopping till midnight or so and later if you want, and we found lots of activities to keep us busy.

You can check out my review which was posted a few days ago for more info.

Either way, enjoy your cruise :)

Linda