Pre-cruise Yacht Club upgrade offered by PVP - YC

Benzbuddy87

Is anyone able to offer insight and guidance on a guest upgrading to YC prior to sailing? I have read that some guests were offered an upgrade to YC for $50 per person / per day. It appears as though this is an offer provided by an MSC PVP to select guests who booked directly with MSC.

Here are a few of my questions:

1) Is this typically offered ... perhaps as an option to fill up YC staterooms (and hence, make additional, lower priced staterooms available for booking)?

2) Is there a general rule of thumb as to when this offer would typically be offered (ie: 90 / 120 days prior to sailing, or does this vary)>

3) Any insight on the basis for the pricing? Is it typically $50pp/pd when upgrading from B1/B2 to a YC balcony ... or perhaps more if upgrading from interior or ocean view?

We are sailing MSC for the first time later this year ... not currently traveling with other cruise friends ... thinking this may be an ideal chance to upgrade.

Is anyone able to offer insight and guidance on a guest upgrading to YC prior to sailing? I have read that some guests were offered an upgrade to YC for $50 per person / per day. It appears as though this is an offer provided by an MSC PVP to select guests who booked directly with MSC.

1) Is this typically offered ... perhaps as an option to fill up YC staterooms (and hence, make additional, lower priced staterooms available for booking)?

2) Is there a general rule of thumb as to when this offer would typically be offered (ie: 90 / 120 days prior to sailing, or does this vary)>

3) Any insight on the basis for the pricing? Is it typically $50pp/pd when upgrading from B1/B2 to a YC balcony ... or perhaps more if upgrading from interior or ocean view?

We are sailing MSC for the first time later this year ... not currently traveling with other cruise friends ... thinking this may be an ideal chance to upgrade.

Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason to the Yacht Club upgrade. MSC randomly selects bookings and offers the upgrade, sometimes at $50.00 pp per day,,which would be a $800.00 upcharge to your existing booking when sailing an eight day/seven night itinerary.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Stealthy is absolutely correct. We have done 20 cruises and the one we did in the YC was the best experience we have had at sea. It was 2 years ago on the Divina and we miss it so much we have two more booked. You will not regret the upgrade.

Dan

Do you think its worth calling MSC and finding out if its possible to get an upgrade. We are sailing in June also and would love an upgrade.

I don't think it would hurt to ask. You never know unless you ask!

Did you book with a travel agent or straight with MSC? We booked with MSC directly using one of their PVP's.

We received the upgrade from a Fantastica to the YC for $550.00 for the 2 of us, which I jumped at. We booked directly with MSC, and leave in 2 weeks. This is our first with MSC, though I have a booking on the Seaside YC for 2018.

It appears as though this is an offer provided by an MSC PVP to select guests who booked directly with MSC.

No, it is not strictly for guests that book directly with MSC. I have had the opportunity to offer the upgrade to my clients. Based on my experience, the upgrades are only offered 15 to 30 days days prior to sailing and is based on a good number of YC cabins still available. The cost for the upgrade can vary but I would say that the $50pp/pd is average.

Hope this helps.

Bret

We was in a Fantastica balcony also but we only had the Bella experience as we booked the balcony promo where we got a balcony upgrade when we paid for interior. Ours was $50 pp/pd also. We got the offer last Tuesday which was 46 days prior to sail date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think its worth calling MSC and finding out if its possible to get an upgrade. We are sailing in June also and would love an upgrade.

Would you please let us know their response? Thinking of booking for July 2016.

Thank you.

We was in a Fantastica balcony also but we only had the Bella experience as we booked the balcony promo where we got a balcony upgrade when we paid for interior. Ours was $50 pp/pd also. We got the offer last Tuesday which was 46 days prior to sail date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they call you or email you with the upgrade offer?

• 2 weeks later...