discount question

islacruzer

My family and I were on the Sensation back in August of 2011 headed for the Bahamas and of course, we couldn't get there because of Hurricane Irene. The destination changed to Key West. Some people on Cruise Critic have mentioned about being getting a discount when things like this happen. Was anyone on this cruise and can confirm that they got a discount themselves? If so, do you know if its too late at this point to get a discount on a future cruise?

Normally all you get is your port fees refunded if you miss a port. But since it was substituted, you probably didn't. They would have notified you at that time if you were due a credit. It would have been applied to your S&S account on that cruise.

Ports can and do change all the time due to unforeseen circumstances including weather. I doubt you you are entitled to anything. Besides, usually credits have to be redeemed within a certain period. Almost 5 years ago is an awful long time.

I've been on two October cruises, one year apart , and coincidentally both were during a tropical storm. On one cruise, we missed ports and were given extra sea days and on the second cruise we were given the Port of Progreso in place of Grand Cayman.

We were not offered any type of discount. The only thing that we were given was the returned port fees.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

My family and I were on the Sensation back in August of 2011 headed for the Bahamas and of course, we couldn't get there because of Hurricane Irene. The destination changed to Key West. Some people on Cruise Critic have mentioned about being getting a discount when things like this happen. Was anyone on this cruise and can confirm that they got a discount themselves? If so, do you know if its too late at this point to get a discount on a future cruise?

It sounds like you're confusing "discount" with getting a refund of port fees. As others have already said, sometimes, if a port is cancelled, and you end up with an extra day at sea, the port fees for the cancelled port will show up as a refund on your Sign & Sail account. I'm guessing that, since this happened five years ago, you no longer have your S&S statement from that cruise. It's always a good idea to look over your S&S account on the last evening of your cruise, to make sure everything is correct. You can check your account daily on your cabin's TV. And, you can also go to Guest Services and ask for a print-out.

You want a refund or credit for a port change due to a hurricane, 5 years ago?:eek::rolleyes:

Since they changed ports...no compensation....not even 5 years later.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

You want a refund or credit for a port change due to a hurricane, 5 years ago?:eek::rolleyes:

Since they changed ports...no compensation....not even 5 years later.

Lol.....not even it had happened 5 minutes ago... if they got port charges and fees credited that would be great considering they docked at another port and weren't charged .

I have only missed 1 port in 22 cruises. October 2005 when Wilma destroyed Cozumel, only received port charges and fees. And had glorious weather in Jamaica and Grand Cayman.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk