Premium package increase!

I'm so angry with RC right now. I called 2 days ago and was quoted $310.00 for the premium package and bout $265.00 for the select.

I should have booked it directly with that rep because now the prices are $388.00 and $297.00 that's approx $115.00 more and that includes

the "BS 20% off"!

I know they have the right to change prices whenever but to offer a 20% off special and then hike up the prices is despicable.

The rep said no when I asked if there was any way they could honor the original quote that I was given by rep Benjamin.

So now they can stick their drink package. We'll just stay with our Diamond club drinks and 3 free per night and bring a couple bottles of wine to enjoy in our room. That is unless they're planning to take away those Diamond perks too on May 1st.

Just on principle I will not purchase a package nor will we go over $50.00 per day total for the both of us on drinks.

So now RC is losing over $225.00 from my wallet.

Back to Celebrity I go!

Absolute dirty pool. I too saw $310 and let my sister know. A few hours later, that pricing was replaced with $388. Some math leads me to the conclusion that the new price is now $58.75/day instead of $49/day. Wished I had booked it for her - although I'm hearing those that did will not have it honored. I did book the select package for my husband lower than it should have been, apparently, so we will see what happens.

Edited by SarahD112

I'm sorry you the price went up on you, perhaps it will come back down. I also agree with you about the free diamond drinks, though I still buy the package. But I do wish they offered discounts on the packages like they do on internet.

After being on hold with RC for 32 mins. while the rep checks with a supervisor. He at first said it was a mistake and an IT problem and to call back tomorrow.

I asked if I could purchase the packages now from him at the original price quoted when he put me on hold for 32 mins.

Now he says they don't know! They don't know if it's going back down or staying the same. They don't know if it's an IT problem or an increase.

So I asked to speak with his supervisor. I expect to be on hold another 30 mins or so.

I'll report back when finished.

Well I don't know if that was sarcasm or not but if enough of us get pi**ed off then maybe they'll see a drop in revenue from this scam.

It wasn't sarcasm. The only true impetus a company has to revise their practices is a diminished revenue stream.

Frustrating? You bet! Who needs that when planning or taking a vacation? If I am ever subject to such, my business goes elsewhere. I certainly wouldn't spend hours on hold only to be told "Maybe... I don't know."

I honestly hope you enjoy returning to Celebrity - I have my fingers crossed.

that is is royals way of instituting (albeit in a back door sneaky way) a permenant price in crease for the drink packages. In my view it was only a matter of time before they did something like this. First they increase the price of individual drinks. that move pissed some people off, but it also encouraged some folks to go for the package. I am not so sure of how much success this approach yeilded but general economic theory would have me believe that it must be working as it seems royal is willing to take the hit of a few people deciding not to get the package as they attempt to find what they consider an appropriate equilibrium (profit maximization).

Just got off the phone with RC supervisor after 1 1/2 hour call.

Same answer, not sure if it's an IT problem or price increase.:rolleyes:

She said to check back in a week or so. NOT!

But we came to a compromise of OBC for the difference. So I went ahead and purchased the packages to just get it out of the way and forget about it.

She said this was a one time exception for me and not policy right now due to the on line pricing issues.

I will be very surprised if the prices go back down, but I hope they do for all concerned.

I'm still looking at Celebrity to replace our Oasis sailing in the fall.

Edited by webecruzin2
spelling

Just got off the phone with RC supervisor after 1 1/2 hour call.

Same answer, not sure if it's an IT problem or price increase.:rolleyes:

She said to check back in a week or so. NOT!

But we came to a compromise of OBC for the difference. So I went ahead and purchased the packages to just get it out of the way and forget about it.

She said this was a one time exception for me and not policy right now due to the on line pricing issues.

I will be very surprised if the prices go back down, but I hope they do for all concerned.

I'm still looking at Celebrity to replace our Oasis sailing in the fall.

As an aside, did you have to pay for that call. I notice my calls now to a so called Irish free phone number are costing me 7p per minute.

LOL.. doesn't Royal own Celebrity or am I confused? Not sure where the missing revenue stream comes into play.

I am aware of that however each brand still has to hit a certain number and

Id rather spend my money on a Celebrity or Azamara ship than RC any day after seeing the games they've been playing lately.

But I hope you feel better now that you've gotten that out of your system.

Edited by webecruzin2
spelling

As an aside, did you have to pay for that call. I notice my calls now to a so called Irish free phone number are costing me 7p per minute.

I'm a little offended that they would do this. :eek:

I like the Irish, and I will be voicing my strong opinion on the subject to

whoever decided to have an 'Irish free' phone number. :D

Edited by ewenix
Buncha jerks discriminating against the Irish! ;-)

I'm confused. Are you saying the $49 for the Premium package went up to $59 a day?

No, it was showing $47.00 per day now but PLUS 18% which is $329.00 plus $59.00 total $388.00 and that is including the 20% discount, where as before it was 49.00 per day including 18% tip and less 20% for the special discount. which would be a total of approx $323.00. So with their phony 20% discount it actually comes out $65.00 more today than 2 days ago.

Edited by webecruzin2
math

No, it was showing $47.00 per day now but PLUS 18% which is $329.00 plus $59.00 total $388.00, where as before it was 49.00 per day including 18% tip and less 20% for the special discount. which would be a total of approx $323.00. So with their phony 20% discount it actually comes out $65.00 more today than 2 days ago.

finding this too - not cool RCCL - ours is $78 more than a couple of days ago

No, it was showing $47.00 per day now but PLUS 18% which is $329.00 plus $59.00 total $388.00 and that is including the 20% discount, where as before it was 49.00 per day including 18% tip and less 20% for the special discount. which would be a total of approx $323.00. So with their phony 20% discount it actually comes out $65.00 more today than 2 days ago.

OH - I got it now. I'm always wary with RC's X% discounts because they never seem to work out for us.

I always use Skype to call the US free phone number. They charge 7p a minute here too.