Almost Platinum

dfencecoach

Poor planing or just bad luck but we have 67 days under our belt and have a 7 day cruise booked in February. This will put us at 74 days as we exit the ship, one short of platinum. It is going to be hard to book another cruise before February (cost, time, etc.). This will be our 13th cruise, is there anyway to make an appeal and try and make this a platinum cruise?

Since you are only at 67 days now, you're asking for 8 days credit when you board this cruise. Why would they be interested in doing this?

Many companies have loyalty programs and all have tiers. Would Delta give you a few hundred extra miles to get to the next level, just because you're close? Will Marriott front you a few extra points because you want to be gold instead of silver?

I really don't get it.

Cancel the 7 day and book an 8 day if hitting Platinum on your next cruise is important to you. As others have said, no, Carnival is not going to give you an extra day credit. The good news is that the cruise is in February, so you have plenty of time to adjust your plans.

Good luck.

Ask yourself what you really want from being Platinum. If it's priority boarding purchase it. If it's a colored card bring duck tape. If you got 13 down then the 14th is inevitable. This is coming from a Platinum cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor planing or just bad luck but we have 67 days under our belt and have a 7 day cruise booked in February. This will put us at 74 days as we exit the ship, one short of platinum. It is going to be hard to book another cruise before February (cost, time, etc.). This will be our 13th cruise, is there anyway to make an appeal and try and make this a platinum cruise?

Since you have not yet earned Platinum status you do not deserve Platinum status.

Probably not. If it makes you feel better I completed my 13th cruise with Carnival after my 4,day Halloween cruise in 2015. It put me at 62 days. I have 2, 4 days booked,for,2016. So I will be platinum on my 16th cruise a 5 day in January 2017.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about how Carnival handles this type of thing, because I'm only gold with them... I can tell you that I've been a Diamond Hilton Honors member for a few years, and last year I missed the mark to hit diamond by several stays. I called the Diamond Hilton Honors number, and they upgraded me from gold back to diamond to show appreciation for my brand loyalty. This was important not only because of the diamond privileges, but because with this year as a diamond member, I have enough consecutive years as diamond to make me Diamond Elite, which means that no matter what, I'll never drop below gold again.

Ask yourself what you really want from being Platinum. If it's priority boarding purchase it. If it's a colored card bring duck tape. If you got 13 down then the 14th is inevitable. This is coming from a Platinum cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha that is funny!

Before Carnival switched to days and it how was how many cruises....my husband had 9 cruises under his belt and we already had his 10th scheduled for March 2013...the cutoff for the change from number to days was Dec 2013. Carnival did not bridge him. Sucked but it is what it is. He will finally be Platinum with days on our next cruise. (Hope that made sense) .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Before Carnival switched to days and it how was how many cruises....my husband had 9 cruises under his belt and we already had his 10th scheduled for March 2013...the cutoff for the change from number to days was Dec 2013. Carnival did not bridge him. Sucked but it is what it is. He will finally be Platinum with days on our next cruise. (Hope that made sense) .

When they changed the policy I was,at 8 cruises. I had 3 others,booked on Royal and Norwegian so didn't have thd time,or desire,to cram 2 more before the,end of 2013 do I could be,"grandfathered " into platinum. I'll get there in January 2017 after 13,yrs and 16 cruises with carnival.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If his 10th was in March 2013 and they changed it in Dec 2013, how did he not make it? That is how I made it.

My daughter was in the same situation. She begged us to take an 8 day so she could be Platinum. We did and she got all the benefits. Cool thing for an 11 year old. It was her 11th cruise - 3 5's, 4 7's, 4 8's.

I meticulously planned our cruises so that we would be platinum by our cruise on the Fantasy in April 2017. Carnival changed the rules when we were halfway to platinum. Their "if you get to 10 cruises by the end of the year, we'll let you in" offer doesn't make sense when you have 5 cruises to go. It will take us 13 cruises instead of 10 but we will be excited anyway when we get on the Fantasy!

Edited by saharaga

My daughter was in the same situation. She begged us to take an 8 day so she could be Platinum. We did and she got all the benefits. Cool thing for an 11 year old. It was her 11th cruise - 3 5's, 4 7's, 4 8's.

Just curious what benefits does a 11 year old get from Platinum? Are there separate benefits? Our 9 year will hit in 2017 and we haven't really given it much thought because she stays in our cabin and essentially receives the same Platinum benefits we do.

I'm 14 nights from Platinum. I'm trying very hard to have my next two cruises be two 7's, an 8 and a 6, etc; so that I qualify for Platinum on the 2nd cruise.

It may turn out that one of my next two cruises is 4 or 5 days. If I'm a day short after two cruises; I wouldn't even think to ask Carnival to make me Platinum.

If they're willing to make an exception for 74 days; why not 73? Or 72? Lots of people are close when you get near or above 70 days.

So, how low should they go? Oh yeah - it's 75 days. ;)

Edited by CruzinScotty