10/8 Star Cruisers-quick Question

platterb

The first Star Mexican sailing had weather problems resulting in late arrivals. Do any of you recall approx what time the ship arrived in Cabo? Since I know tendering is required, do you know how long it took to get off the ship and arrive at the pier? Trying to decide whether to purchase a tour through a private group as opposed to NCL.

Your help is appreciated.

We were there by 7 am last week. Not much of a rush for the tenders either. They ran them off of both sides of the boat, so there was always one or two loading on either side. The trip to the dock is about 10 minutes.

We were on the "late" trip. Once we got to Cabo the tendering was very quick. They were doing open tender calls quite soon after arriving. Puerta Vallarta was the disaster. Not only were we two hours late, some people didn't get to shore for three hours after tendering started! I don't know what the issue was. We did have rough seas which may have slowed things down, but there didn't appear to be a large number of tenders in use. In Cabo the ship used both their own and rented tenders.

I guess it's a gamble whether to book with the ship or a private tour. In our case, my husband booked the ship's PV Canopy tour and it was still cancelled because of our late arrival. The tour operators were't willing to take them late. I had booked a private excursion and was able to go late.

Don't count on the internet to communicate with private excursion operators. I heard the www wasn't operational during a portion of the trip when we found out we'd be delayed. A lot of people were just crossing their fingers that their excursions would wait for them.

Hi Barb,

Can't believe we leave in just 2wks from today. How's the meet &greet coming?How many people signed up?

If you don't mind me asking, what type of excursion are you looking into in Cabo? My husband & I might be interested & Maybe we could split the cost.

Please email if not too much trouble. ronnalla@charter.net

Ellens er

The first Star Mexican sailing had weather problems resulting in late arrivals. Do any of you recall approx what time the ship arrived in Cabo? Since I know tendering is required, do you know how long it took to get off the ship and arrive at the pier? Trying to decide whether to purchase a tour through a private group as opposed to NCL.

Your help is appreciated.

Archived