Solstice Alaskan Cruise Thoughts

mjfavs

...We are not tuxedo gown people...

Please do not worry about this. We were on Solstice exactly one year ago at this time, and although we did attend Formal Night in the MDR (DH word a suit, I wore a black cocktail dress), many people were not dressed formally at all, and they were absolutely admitted to the dining room. I dare say the people next to us were in jeans and sweaters on Formal Night (please note, I am not judging - merely commenting on what I observed). They were treated with the same courtesy and respect from the staff as anyone was.

We found Alaska (even on Celebrity) was much more casual that some of our other cruises. I took several dresses to wear to dinner yet did not wear them as it was simply too chilly outside. I suppose, for me, it did matter what was going on outside as after dinner, you might tend to stroll the decks. :) Again, just an observation.

DW and I sailed on the Solstice, round trip from Seattle, the last week in August last year and the weather was perfect. The week before us, the rain storms were so bad that a number of ships had to cancel visits to certain ports. So, as others have said the weather is unpredictable.

We missed Tracy Arm due to a medical emergency so I can not comment on that but we did the sea plane excursion over the Juneau Ice Field and that was an amazing!

Even though we really enjoyed the trip and the Solstice - the next time we visit Alaska we will do a one way trip so we can spend more time in Alaska. It is truly an amazing place.

There is a link to a photo review in my signature line.

What ever you decide have a great time!