'Bump' cabins on voyager class ships

Broch

Can anyone tell me if there is any advantage or disadvantage in these cabins on the bump. They always seem to be the first to be offered when booking but up till now I have declined them. Then they seem to be amongst the last to go. It puzzles me whether or not to go for one next time I book.:confused:

They are wonderful cabins because of the location and the view. On the Voyager class ships, they are located right next to the elevators and by the area where you can look down promanade. They are centrally located for most venues of the ship. One the Radiance class ships, they are located by the centrum elevators, and also in a great area for manuvering around the ship. We much prefer the hump cabins and book them whenever we can. Also, even though they are near the elevators and/or centrum, you do not hear any noise. We much prefer these cabins to the aft cabins which many people also like.

In mid July I booked our cruises for December of 2006 just to get cabin 8320 middle of the hump for the both weeks. I will take that over the aft anyday. :D

I have since changed our date to September of 2006 but only after they told me I would get the same cabin again.

Great views, great privacy, great everything in that location. ;)

Will have to ask cabin attendant to let me in to see one when it becomes vacant between cruises and may book one next time. We are booked for 758 next cruise which is not too far away. We booked 7584 because we had it this year and were very happy with it. Do the bump ones have bigger balconies.;)

Has anyone had cabin 1324 on a Voyageur class ship? We are booked in it for our AOS cruise in January and are really excited about having a cabin on the hump :)

If you have any pictures of 1324 I'd love to see them!!

<<a cabin on the hump

Well, I'm going to ask a really stupid question.........what is a hump anyway? LOL, I've only been on 2 cruises and one coming up. I keep seeing this word used and wonder what/where it is on a ship. TIA for replying........ Just call me :confused:

<<a cabin on the hump

Well, I'm going to ask a really stupid question.........what is a hump anyway? LOL, I've only been on 2 cruises and one coming up. I keep seeing this word used and wonder what/where it is on a ship. TIA for replying........ Just call me :confused:

A hump cabin is mid-ship and is located where the ship kinda juts out in the middle - does that make sense? Take a look at most ships on RCI and you can see what I mean. The location of these cabins are great for the views of both fore and aft and are conveniently located near elevators. I have also heard that the balconies are larger in some as well.

Hope that answers your question?

Katie, It is not a stupid question, if you don't know you ask. The bump or maybe hump cabins as some other writers call them is the outside cabins almost mid ship with a bump or hump sticking out. They are cabin no's ending 312 to 326 for e.g 7312 to 7326 also on the other side of the ship 7612 to 7626. It you look on Deck Plans on http://www.royalcaribbean.com you will see what I mean.:) Enjoy your cruises

Katie, It is not a stupid question, if you don't know you ask. The bump or maybe hump cabins as some other writers call them is the outside cabins almost mid ship with a bump or hump sticking out. They are cabin no's ending 312 to 326 for e.g 7312 to 7326 also on the other side of the ship 7612 to 7626. It you look on Deck Plans on http://www.royalcaribbean.com you will see what I mean

Here is a question kinda not on the subject but we have always sailed in the middle of the ships, deck wise and length wise, we are thinking of getting a room with a oceanview in the front of the boat facing forword. Our TA advised against it as she said there is alot of movement from the ocean being in the front, What do you all think?

A hump cabin is mid-ship and is located where the ship kinda juts out in the middle - does that make sense? Take a look at most ships on RCI and you can see what I mean. The location of these cabins are great for the views of both fore and aft and are conveniently located near elevators. I have also heard that the balconies are larger in some as well.

Hope that answers your question?

Sure does..........I know exactly where you mean!! I do think you are right in saying that the balconies are a bit larger. Thanks for the answer to my 'not so stupid' question ;)

Here is a question kinda not on the subject but we have always sailed in the middle of the ships, deck wise and length wise, we are thinking of getting a room with a oceanview in the front of the boat facing forword. Our TA advised against it as she said there is alot of movement from the ocean being in the front, What do you all think?

I was on the Empress last year-which is a smaller ship. We were in the Royal Suite--which is at the very front of the deck. Our balcony faced forward. We were docked for 2 days--so we could easily use the balcony-although that can be an issue due to the wind when at sea. We also hit a storm and I've never been so sick in my life. I don't know if I would go to the front of the boat again...I got to meet the doctor on that cruise.

So if you asked me--I would say no thank you!!!

The hump/bump on Voyager class ships is actually aft of midships (not at all fully aft, but not directly midships as on the Radiance class). These cabins are wonderful on both classes.

As for the balconies: On Radiance class, the cabins on either side of the hump elevators have larger than normal balconies. On Radiance and Voyager class ships, the cabins on the slanting portion (not directly center) of the hump often have somewhat larger than normal balconies, but not all do--depends on deck and category of cabin. Take a look at the deck plans. They are not exact, but if a balcony appears larger or smaller than normal, it probably is.

beachchick

Archived