Dining packages going bye bye

macanudo23

agree the 2 most deciding factors are :

1) NCL is not making as much on Speciality Dining being They are giving it as a "freebie"

2) More than likely many complaints about availability of dining times as opposed to number of people.

# 1 mainly $$$$$$, FDR et.al. May have taken any look and said this has got yo stop! LOL

Edited by beerman2
Spelling another instead of any and to instead of yo

Hi,

No. I'm going on NCL for the first time in November.

I have the 3 package now so if you have any advice on which ones I should use that on vs paying out of pocket for, I'd love some help. I THINK I am better off paying out of pocket for the ones with cover charges?

Yes, exactly. The SDP was introduced to provide a flat-rate option for the a la carte restaurants, the caveat being that you needed to commit to multiple meals.

Stephen

Someone just posted the ad for the new promo on Facebook.

All rooms get a photo package, $100 arcade credit and friends/families sail free.

OV, balconies and MS get a pick one from UBP, shore excursions or wi-fi.

Suites and haven get 4 offers which isn't very clear but that's what the ad shows.

In effect through 5/22

These promos lasting until until May 22nd don't get me ready to book. I will just wait until something better comes along. I am definitely not interested in the photos which is the only option for us as the DH and I are enjoying retirement sailing together alone. Great to see the UBP :D

The promo or the ability to purchase the plan? Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of it altogether. I just went ahead and purchased the SDP for my son for our cruise two years out :eek: just to make sure we have it locked in for all three of us (DH and I have the 3 meal SDP promo).

Same here! I just went out and purchased it for one of the cruises I have booked for next year, just in case. I enjoy having it and I would have purchased it even without this rumor; I'd just have waited until some time next year to do it.

The email I just got from NCL only says that the promo is going away only for Studio and Inside rooms.

Unfortunately, those of us who like the studios don't generally get a perk, so I was delighted when I booked earlier this week and got to choose one. Guess I booked at the right time if they're eliminating promos for studios.

These promos lasting until until May 22nd don't get me ready to book. I will just wait until something better comes along. I am definitely not interested in the photos which is the only option for us as the DH and I are enjoying retirement sailing together alone. Great to see the UBP :D

I agree. Neither photos nor an arcade credit would do me any good. I don't have any photos taken when I said, not even the welcome aboard photo so the photo credit would be worthless to me. And, my youngest child is 21 and rarely sails with me anymore and I would be using an arcade credit. No temptation at all for me. I can see where families would really like those credits though--looks like that's the demographic they're go for.