Freedom of the Seas Questions

ryzmom

These are a few questions that I was just wondering about and wanted to see if anyone had the answers to before the ship set sail! Thanks in advance!

1. How many formal nights will there be? I heard 2 on a 7 day cruise, is that correct?

2. Which nights are usually formal nights on most ships?

3. Will FOS have Chops or Portofino’s onboard, if so, what day is better for reservations, that’s not a formal night?

4. Is the spa, in general, worth paying all the money for? Massages?

5. Does anyone know the prices of the hair salon on RCCL and for someone to do your makeup on formal nights?

There should be two formal nights on Freedom and looking at the itinerary, I would hazard a strong guess that they will be on the first sea day (Monday) and on the night that you leave Labadee (Friday). First and last nights are casual. Can't help with the prices charged in the spa and value is really something that people have to decide for themselves. I believe that both Chops and Portofino will be on Freedom along with Johnny Rockets. There has been speculation that another alternative restaurant will be offered but no announcement to that effect has been made by RCI. Keep tuned since they reportedly will be releasing a Freedom-specific brochure by the end of the month.

:)

There should be two formal nights on Freedom and looking at the itinerary, I would hazard a strong guess that they will be on the first sea day (Monday) and on the night that you leave Labadee (Friday). First and last nights are casual. Can't help with the prices charged in the spa and value is really something that people have to decide for themselves. I believe that both Chops and Portofino will be on Freedom along with Johnny Rockets. There has been speculation that another alternative restaurant will be offered but no announcement to that effect has been made by RCI. Keep tuned since they reportedly will be releasing a Freedom-specific brochure by the end of the month.

:)

There will be another restaurant on the promenade. It will be a full pizza parlor and there will be a full Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream Parlor, much bigger than on voyager class. The pizza parlor will serve more than just pizza. This has been announced. I hope they have Jade Sushi as well. This would be nice. If anyone wants the website with the above announcement, let me know.

There will be another restaurant on the promenade. It will be a full pizza parlor and there will be a full Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream Parlor, much bigger than on voyager class. The pizza parlor will serve more than just pizza. This has been announced. I hope they have Jade Sushi as well. This would be nice. If anyone wants the website with the above announcement, let me know.

Could you tell me that website with the announcement? thanks!!

~sweety~

Spa treatments will cost about double what you would pay for the same treatment back home. The spa personnel can also be very pushy, trying to get you to buy extra products that are sold in the spa. There have been numerous threads here by people that have felt pressured by the massage personel to buy special creams and such and have spent hundreds of dollars on stuff they didn't want because they couldn't say no. If you do opt for a massage, the best thing to do is to tell the person giving you the massage right at the beginning that you are not interested in buying anything else and you would appreciate it if they would omit the sales pitch.

That page with the announcement is right here on Cruise Critic with photos.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=208

It says this;

These identifying posters tell us that, on the Royal Promenade, bars and eateries include the Bull & Bear pub, the Coffee Bar & Book Nook, Vintages, Champagne Bar, and the brand-new Sorrento's pizzeria (a no-extra-fee restaurant featuring all manner of Italian fare). This Royal Promenade, the longest in Royal Caribbean history, stretches further than 1.5 football fields.

Archived