Havana area

steph7021

56f8b52c4dd605794f1e8a028ef71352.jpg

So, is that brown divider what goes to the cabanas? Might the lanai be private?? Still waiting to hear how the area in front of the cabanas will work! Also, the is the outside bar that is private until 5pm, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'll take a guess at it.

Havana interior areas open to all 24/7

Havana pool area open only to Havana guests until 5 pm, then all.

Havana Lanai area open only to Havana guests 24/7.

Hopefully and I assume the outdoor Havana bar is for guests only until 5 as well. Would be too hard to enforce otherwise. And of course, how this will all be enforced is the question! I would like to have guests on my patio...but fully understand them not going into the pool area.

Hopefully and I assume the outdoor Havana bar is for guests only until 5 as well. Would be too hard to enforce otherwise. And of course, how this will all be enforced is the question! I would like to have guests on my patio...but fully understand them not going into the pool area.

I was curious about getting guests onto my lanai as well! All the reports should be coming in soon!!!!

I'll take a guess at it.

Havana interior areas open to all 24/7

Havana pool area open only to Havana guests until 5 pm, then all.

Havana Lanai area open only to Havana guests 24/7.

This is my understanding as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am quite sure people can have guests in their Lanai. Or I hope so.

It is the pool area and outdoor bar that is exclusive until 5:00. The indoor Havana Bar is open to everyone. That is how I am understanding it.

Edited by Karlou

The fact that other lanai guests could see me on my private area was enough for me to not book one (let alone pay the prices). I have a feeling Vista is going to be the only ship with these cabins as they'll be modified for her sister.

I am sure John said something about wristbands/keycards only allowing guests to pass through certain areas in Havana? Although that does beg the question can people bring guests with them? The only way around this is havingstaffing on the doors.

I am a bit jealous of those that booked the Havana balconies above deck 5 though! :)

The fact that other lanai guests could see me on my private area was enough for me to not book one (let alone pay the prices). I have a feeling Vista is going to be the only ship with these cabins as they'll be modified for her sister.

I am sure John said something about wristbands/keycards only allowing guests to pass through certain areas in Havana? Although that does beg the question can people bring guests with them? The only way around this is havingstaffing on the doors.

I am a bit jealous of those that booked the Havana balconies above deck 5 though! :)

Front porch living is what I call it :) My neighbors can see me on my front porch too...I think it will be a different social experience. I normally like total privacy but love trying new things! Of course, it probably doesn't hurt that I'm with a group and my neighbors on either side are family.

Not sure that I agree with you. I think the deck 5 Havana Cabanas will cater to those wanting a more "social" experience. Adding cabins on deck 6 and 7 gives folks the privacy they might want, with full access to the Havana area. Win, win!

Not sure that I agree with you. I think the deck 5 Havana Cabanas will cater to those wanting a more "social" experience. Adding cabins on deck 6 and 7 gives folks the privacy they might want, with full access to the Havana area. Win, win!

Ah yes I meant 6/7 not 5! :)

I am a social person on a cruise but I just like my room/quarters to be 'mine'.

Although one thing I noticed about the Havana area, and I dont think this has been mentioned, is that when you are relaxing in the pool you have to stand/stretch up to see the ocean. There is a white panel at the bottom of the glass one....I thought they would make it completely clear like the hot tubs that overhang. I would be nice if you could rest and see out without that in the way.

13086867_1209347175774508_5438610541244090505_o.jpg

Ah yes I meant 6/7 not 5! :)

I am a social person on a cruise but I just like my room/quarters to be 'mine'.

Although one thing I noticed about the Havana area, and I dont think this has been mentioned, is that when you are relaxing in the pool you have to stand/stretch up to see the ocean. There is a white panel at the bottom of the glass one....I thought they would make it completely clear like the hot tubs that overhang. I would be nice if you could rest and see out without that in the way.

We're generally pretty sociable, and thanks to our Repo roll call, we're already good friends with our neighbours :). I'm sure there will be plenty of times where our neighbours will not be out on their patio when we are.

From what I have read, only the people who have Havana Cabanas can access this area. They can not bring guests in who are not in the Havana area. The guests who are in these cabins have wrist bands and key cards.

From what I have read, only the people who have Havana Cabanas can access this area. They can not bring guests in who are not in the Havana area. The guests who are in these cabins have wrist bands and key cards.

Yes but I've got a feeling the checking of the wristbands isn't going to be heavily done (sort of like the towl stickers and younger adults in serentity) because the staff are not going try and bother guests sunbathing and asleep (with their wrists covered) or people with long sleeves having a drink at the outside bar etc. Theres also the guests that bring friends to their cabin then round the side gate and into the area.I can also see the 'We'll buy you drinks if we can use your wristbands for a few hours' happening.

I also wondered if Havana's were worth it on the Med 7/8 days where there is only 1 sea day. Our cruise is 12 days with 3 sea days but still.I just can't see Cabanas on her sister and if they are I think they will modify them somehow (just large balconies with hammocks etc) but still have a Havana exclusive area.

Each to their own I guess...we will wait and see.