Honeymoon Extras??????

2K2 R/T

I will be taking my first cruise, which will also be my honeymoon, on the Mariner in April of 2006. I was just curious if I could ask for something special in my room for my wife to be. IE: rose petals on the bed with maybe a bottle of champagne or something romantic like that. Does RCCL offer anything like that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

My wife and I went on our honeymoon on Adventure of the Seas and even after 21 cruises and being diamond in Crown and Anchor we weren't given anything. You can order Champagne to be in your room when you arrive and have the room decorated. You can find out all this info on the RCCL website. Not sure how much everything is but it maybe listed there.

My wife and I went on our honeymoon on Adventure of the Seas and even after 21 cruises and being diamond in Crown and Anchor we weren't given anything. You can order Champagne to be in your room when you arrive and have the room decorated. You can find out all this info on the RCCL website. Not sure how much everything is but it maybe listed there.

I looked around on the site but was unable to find anything. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Would you have a link to where I might find it?

Was recently on Navigator of Seas for my honeymoon in May.

Was not treated any differently than a normal cruise. No freebies except a cake delivered to our stateroom by our room steward. That was a surprise.

Everything else from the room decorations to the wine..we had to buy.

There is a "honeymooners mingle" that we went to while on board...and out of 50 or so honeymoon couples aboard..only 7 showed up. It was a bust.

We DID get a table for 2 at dinner, but we waited like everyone else after on board to request it. That was worth it though.

So, dont expect any extras unless you pay for them. As for rose petals...I bet your room steward would be happy to set this up for you after you are on board. If you bring your own petals, sneak out while wife is in shower and ask steward to do it while you are at dinner. (You can always find them about in the halls in early part of day). When you come back from your evening, the bed will be turned down and petals galore. I would DEFINITELY ask if she would do it after on board. Doesnt hurt to ask! Just make sure to tip a lil' extra if they do it.

Have a great time. Despite not being really recognized as newlyweds...we had a wonderful honeymoon cruise.

2k2,

Your TA may also do something for you. I know I try to do something special on board for my honeymoon couples. It does make you feel special. I love the idea of taking your own rose peddles and having the steward spread them for you.

If you have a good TA they will do something for you.

Our honeymoon last year we got a bottle of champagne, 2 bottles of wine a nice card and a fruit basket.

and during the cruise there was a honeymoon party that we were invited to had a special invite from the captain. There were about 20 other couples they serve chapagne and appitizers and had a trio play while everyone mingled and got pictures taken cutting a "honeymoon" cake with the captain and hotel manager and we got a free picture too!

I will be taking my first cruise, which will also be my honeymoon, on the Mariner in April of 2006. I was just curious if I could ask for something special in my room for my wife to be. IE: rose petals on the bed with maybe a bottle of champagne or something romantic like that. Does RCCL offer anything like that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

2K2 R/T here is a link where I posted on this before - there IS a complimentary package for honeymooners!!!!!!!:D http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=209186&highlight=honeymoon

If you read the whole way through the post ESPECIALLY the last one, all your questions should be answered. One thing though, the brochure referred to is the 2005-2006 one and if you need the same information for the 2006-2007 one it is on page 42 of the Mediterranean Cruises January 2006 - March 2007 brochure (Irish / UK version).

Hope this helps - let us know how you get on and many Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Archived