(2nd try) Dolphin Encounter Video Question

TheBeachBears

Ok, I did the search thing (painfully slow for some reason) I was able to locate the price for the video and pictures with the dolphin encounter, fifty and twelve the best I can figure. I will be doing the encounter with my wife and six year old daughter, as you can imagine this will be the highlight of her cruise. I understand that the pictures are wonderful and we have seen that since my mother in-law has what must be the best picture of her on earth from this experience (And that’s saying something), but I was wondering about the video is it a composite of all the groups at the encounter (like our stingray city video) or is it focuses in on our family?

I am a person who believes that you have to grab things when the come around this will help with my decision on if we would buy it or not. (Just keep packing the money, I mean clothes)

The Encounter DVD (no videos anymore) is available for $29 I believe- it's a video of all the people in your group. The pictures are $20 for panoramic and $12 for regular 5x7 I believe- I have never received a discount for the Video/DVD however I can usuallly get a dollar or 2 off each picture if I am buying more than 1. Try and haggle a little- all they can say is no!!

we did the dolphin excursion in March... I wish I could remember the exact prices.. but I believe the video was $35.. we bought 2 of them.. but it focused entirely on our group and was put to music.. It was worth it to me.. We bought tons of pictures.. They did lower the price on the pictures since we bought so many.. there were 8 of us in our party and we did the excursion where you ride the fins, kiss the dolphin and shake his/her fins.. so there were 3 different pictures of each of us.. there were only a few of them we didnt buy, but they were really good quality..

I agree- Even though we live here and have done the activities several times I have bought at least 3 videos and I can't count how many pictures. Everytime we do the activities I promise myself I'm not buying any more but there is always that one that is so good I just can't help myself. Chances are we won't be here forever and those are one of a kind memories!!

I also did this. I paid closer to 60.00 for the dvd only to get it home and it won't play on my dvd. You have to have a dvd+rw! Great pictures though and the swim was well worth the money. When I do watch the dvd on my daughters laptop I really enjoy it.

I was there in August, did the Royal Dolphin Swim and I paid $50 for the DVD. I thought they did an awesome job putting it together, putting it to music, and getting everyone in the group doing all the different things. I think it was well worth the money. We also had waterproof cameras and took our own stills but the video got all the action.

We have the video, and it's worth every cent. They tape includes all the participants in our group (8), but it's quite long, so everyone is shown many times. It's starts off with a group picture (prior to entering the water), and then they video each activity. I haven't watched it lately, but I know they used slow motion and music in part of it. It really is awesome and considering they put it together while you are there...that makes it even more amazing. I would not do the swim without purchasing the DVD (or video).

As for the other pictures, they took 4 of each of our kids (16 total pictures). They were 5x7 (I believe), and they really are of a good quality (I had one of each kid framed). They also wanted $16 each, I believe, but gave us a discount if we bought all of them. I want to say we ended up paying around $150-$200 for the pictures. But they were worth every penny, IMO.

I think they were both amazing (the video & the pics) and I'd budget them in, if possible. They also sell t-shirts in the gift shop that says..."I swam with *the name of the dolphins* in Cozumel" or something along that line. My daughter love this (and her friend). She still wears the shirt. My kids were 16, 20 & 22 (and my daughter's friend was 16) at the time, and all say this was the neatest thing they have ever done.

Hi,

We did the dolphin swim a few years ago - and itwas expensive but worth every penny. We also bought the video and a few pix - yes they did barter a little with multiple product purchases.

Now to the bad news - from what I understand Wilma totally erased the park from the island. It is gone - to quote one source - "Chankanaab is no longer"

Best of luck -

Archived