NCL Getaway Debarkation

chart135

Just off the Getaway 4/24-5/1. Debarkation was a mess. Fyi for future cruisers, I estimate some in line with late tags took 3+ HOURS, start to finish & we were camping out in Osheehans. Here are some pics ..e94ea6c91aa7923d3c5568d42825c4e7.jpgc25b8872ee479347314d7e97384815aa.jpg

I hope these upload

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Customs were doing a thorough search of every single person. We were scheduled off at 9:55am and finally got through customs at 12:45pm. They must have found what they were looking for as we flew through clearance once we got going. Can't blame NCL it wasn't their fault for this mess. Hands are tied when US customs get on a roll

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Never, ever underestimate the stupidity and insanity of homeland security. The irrelevant believe they get relevance by pushing the mostly powerless around.

Wear a burka and you will breeze through.

Glad to have done the easy walk off. Was in my car on i95 by 830am. Had no issue at that time

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D:D The more people that discover how easy it is to walk off the ship with their own luggage early in the morning, the later you will get to your car in the future.

Lets face it most of us manage the same suitcases at the airport or train station on the way to the cruise, why do we need to hand in our luggage.

Had to be a customs and immigration issue. All of our cruises out of Miami have been a surprisingly smooth exit. Worst we ever had was New Orleans, a 3 hour delay. Again, was a customs/immigration issue that day.

We just got off the Getaway 5/1/16 and there was definitely something going on that day. We had an aft facing balcony and at 5:30 am, when we were sailing into port, I saw about 6 police boats fly by us with lights and sirens and surround the ship pulling in behind us. I think it was a carnival ship.

We just had a leisurely breakfast and left the ship at 9:30. It took about 45 minutes to get through customs.

We just got off the Getaway 5/1/16 and there was definitely something going on that day. We had an aft facing balcony and at 5:30 am, when we were sailing into port, I saw about 6 police boats fly by us with lights and sirens and surround the ship pulling in behind us. I think it was a carnival ship.

We just had a leisurely breakfast and left the ship at 9:30. It took about 45 minutes to get through customs.

How did you like your aft facing balcony? My husband loved the haven he said now since you surprised me we can't ever go back

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It was a customs issue for sure and I can't blame the Getaway staff for that. However, I can blame them for the chaos of the lines inside the ship and for calling colors before it was realistic for the next group to actually join the line. At times, the lines looped around the 7th floor multiple times and then ended up going no where. They did not seem to have enough staff directing people to the right line. When it was our turn to join the line I asked two separate staff persons who were staffing the line where we should go, where was the end of the line and neither one could tell me.

We had an awesome cruise. The debarkation process was the only drawback for us.

Couldn't agree more, NCL mismanaged their part of the process. With that in mind, the previous comments hold true. If you can, hold on to your luggage and self-debark.

We were getting nervous about 330pm. One family with 200pm was trying to cut ahead & the rope guard near the elevator was altogether unsympathetic.

I wonder how many people missed flights! I hope the same does not happen for us, our flight leaves from Ft Lauderdale at 2:50pm, we thought that would give us plenty of time :o.

The "unusual", as this apparently was, is rare. If all is normal, you will be off the ship in plenty of time for your flight.

I wonder how many people missed flights! I hope the same does not happen for us, our flight leaves from Ft Lauderdale at 2:50pm, we thought that would give us plenty of time :o.

Odds are better than 99% that you will make your flight, and no flight anywhere ever is 100%, so you have nothing to worry about.

For what it's worth, FLL doesn't let you go through security until either 2 or 3 hours before your flight time, and there is nowhere to sit outside of security, so don't be in a huge hurry to get there. We learned the hard way.

Odds are better than 99% that you will make your flight, and no flight anywhere ever is 100%, so you have nothing to worry about.

For what it's worth, FLL doesn't let you go through security until either 2 or 3 hours before your flight time, and there is nowhere to sit outside of security, so don't be in a huge hurry to get there. We learned the hard way.

Thanks for this info, we will keep fingers crossed.