Alaska 3 choices

cruiseorbust

We have sailed on Mercury (to Mexico), and on Dawn Princess' sister, the Sun Princess.

Both ships are very comparable size-wise, but we preferred Princess. Food presentation was slightly better on Mercury, food quality very similar, and Princess had, we thought, a better selection in the buffet.

We thought Princess entertainment better staged and more polished.

Wife and I like Princess and their variety of itineraries - #1 daughter and her hubby much prefer Celebrity.

I think pretty hard to wrong with either.

I cruised Vision to Alaska two years ago and just returned from Mercury.

Food and service in the dining room are hands down better on Mercury. Vision rated low in this area than most of my previous cruises with RCI. Cabins are Mercury are much larger, but are not in very good shape. My room steward left much to be desired.

Captain George on Vision made that Alaska the best of my five Alaska sailings by pointing out wildlife, calling our intention to special vistas and navigating closer to Hubbard than I had ever been. He is outstanding! On my recent Inside Passage cruise on Mercury, I could not even tell you who the Captain was.

The Vision is in better shape than Mercury and is a prettier ship. The fitness center is much better, as was the entertainment. Also, the Champagne bar on Vision is wonderful and the Martini on Mercury was always too crowded (very small) to get a seat.

Hope this helps a bit.

Archived