Oasis of The Seas-CRUISING FROM A KID"S POINT OF VIEW

After the muster station drill, my parents decided to get wifi package. Then, my brother and I wanted to see the aqua show event though we had reservations for the next day. We wanted to see it because the next day it was going to be really windy and thank goodness we did that because one of the divers in the show was sick and they canceled the show. So we were still a tiny bit hungry after eating at the windjammer for lunch. So we decided to eat have a little snack before the show started. One con about not having reservations if you don’t like getting splashed

is that the only seats left after waiting in line is the splash zone seats. Me personally love getting wet. Sorry I didn’t take any photos of the aqua show I was afraid that the camera would get wet and ruin the lens.

The aqua show was amazing I totally recommend it. After watching the aqua show it was past my bedtime and I was tired. We headed back to the cabin and our cabin steward, Ashford cleaned our cabin so good I’ll give him a rating of 5.8 stars.

See you tomorrow. Bye!

Hey!, It’s Jack again with Day 2. In the morning we decided to eat breakfast at Johnny Rockets because the breakfast was free there.P1020024_zpsyx2luc2u.jpg Then, after that I decided to take some pictures from the balcony because we had a great view of the ocean. P1010968_zpswvo2kskj.jpgWe had lunch in the Park Café.

When my parents stopped by Tiffany’s, I went to Adventures Ocean, it was fun. My parents gave me check in/out privileges. They have rewards-each person gets “slime votes”. If you’re good, each person gets slime votes and at the end of the cruise, you can use your votes to pick which counselor Shrek will dump slime on.

By the time I was finished it was 5:00pm. Our whole family agreed that we should go to formal night dinner early because we wanted to see the headliner show but before we were going to see it we were going in the hot tub.

I definitely recommended that you should go to formal night because the chefs and all the waiters will dance and form a train.

For my appetizer I had lobster bisque.P1020009_zpsl5oq8laf.jpg Please take my advice, DO NOT order it. ! The soup doesn’t taste like lobster Bisque, we have in New England. But, can’t complain it’s not New England. For the main meal I had baked scallops it was ok. P1020008_zpsna2keeym.jpg

A little bit too much butter for me. For dessert I had Chocolate ice cream and from there on out I had it for dessert for the rest of the cruise.P1020054_zps03bampxf.jpg After dinner we headed to the pool deck but there was only whirlpools open at 7:00pm. So we enjoyed the whirlpool and relaxed. Then we needed to head back to the cabin and change out of our swimming suits for the headliner. If you don’t know what the headliner is it is a ventriloquist with a puppet. He was amazing, I felt like the puppet was actually alive. After that we headed back to the cabin to sleep. Thank you for reading this review again and Good Night!

Old guy here, with no kids, but have to say that so far this is my favorite review ever. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the cruise. Btw, I'll be on the 2-inch longer ship in September. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great review Jack!

Taking my 12 year old son on our first ever cruise in August on allure so great to see a review from a younger man's point of view

Thankyou for taking precious time out from your vacation to do this.

BTW- I' m reading this from across the pond - just thought you'd like to know you already have an international fan base x

Day 3- Labadee, Haiti

Hi! It’s Jack again with day 3. Today we visited Labadee, Haiti. We decide to try out the Main dining room’s breakfast. I got a French toast. I totally recommend it. It has cinnamon and hot syrup which melts in your mouth.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee445/rjliu/P1020059_zpsne9xzpie.jpg

I’m sorry if I’m making you hungry. I also decide to go and get a cinnamon roll from the buffet part. The cinnamon rolls are the best in the Diamond Lounge, and second best in the Main dining room.

We headed back to the cabin and change to our swimming suit for the beach. We got off the boat at 9:00am. When you get off the boat and you past the musicians you will see a tram that is free. Get off the tram at the Market place, walk thru the market and drag your mom so she doesn’t shop so you can get to Columbus cove. Go to Labadee in the morning because Columbus cove isn’t that packed. The reason why I said go to Columbus cove is because it is enclosed kind of private beach. We like shaded areas. We took a little swim in the water, it was warm and refreshing.

IMG_0089_zpss2kzyki2.jpg

My dad asked me if I wanted to go on a jet ski tour. I thought he was joking at first, so I said yes. Then, my mom said let’s go sign up. Still, I thought she too was joking too. So she took me to ask a person where to sign up. The person she asked on her walkie -talkie person said 1 jet ski left in 15 minutes but my dad was on the other side of the beach he was going to go have to go with me. My mom had already been on a jetski and didn’t like it. So I had to run back and tell him we had 15 minutes to get there. I was so nervous and really excited because I have never had been on a jet ski in my whole life. So we made it in time and the instructor taught all us how to drive the jet ski. The thing I was worried about in the class was he said there were no brakes on the jet skis. :eek: The jet skis were so much fun, we were like ramping all the waves and getting so much height. My dad drove and I was on the back seat, hanging on for dear life after he asked if I wanted to go faster. Of course I wanted speed, I’m a kid and I like rides!

IMG_0117_zpsuupzzby9.jpg

On the jetski tour we stopped several times for everyone's safety. When we stopped, there were people on kayaks trying to sell us pottery, necklaces, an things. When we told them we didn't have money, they said they would meet us at the docks.

The dock by the jet skis were a good place to meet family. They had chairs and a good view for my mom to take pictures.

IMG_0109_zps11pmabym.jpg

That's my brother, by the way. He got a virgin Labadoozee when waiting for us and didn't save any for me. :p My mom said it was good.

We ate at the windjammer for lunch, we’ve had the bbq before on Labadee, my mom wanted to sit at an actual table for her meal. I think it was a good choice because we got to enjoy the pools while it wasn’t crowded. By the way, there’s a pool that goes in circles by the kiddie area that’s a lot of fun.

We ate at the main dining room. For my appetizer I got a shrimp cocktail. For my main meal I had the dumplings. They were just ok for my taste. My mom said her shrimp was good. Olano, our waiter would always make recommendations, and I heard my mom and dad say they should have listened to him more than one time. We then went to the Come Fly with Me show. I thought it was a good show, better than Cats.

P1020133_zpszwzkemz7.jpg

P1020136_zpsftsir05t.jpg

Guess what I got for dessert? Chocolate ice cream!:) I am a creature of habit, shrimp cocktail, milk and chocolate ice cream. I'll eat a little of whatever the main course is.

P1020150_zpsqswanmpp.jpg

By the way, this little girl at the table next to us ordered fried chicken, french fries, and she would get chocolate chip cookies every night. The kids menu didn't look too bad but I guess Olano thought I was grown up enough because he always gave me the adult menu.:cool:

After Come Fly with Me, we headed off to bed. I totally recommend seeing this show, we got in late so we sat in the back near the wheelchairs.

We had no plans for Jamaica, my parents told me we were there before, so we were just going to walk around.