SPA on Infinity?

Absolutheada

I was on the Infinity in December for a B2B. The first cruise I had a standard pedicure that I believe cost $85 and it was nothing special. Following the cruise I spent time with friends in Celebration, Florida. I had a far superior, longer lasting pedicure (at a day spa that only does manis and pedis) and it cost $30.

On the second cruise I was comped a standard 50 minute massage, again nothing special. With mandatory 18% service fee, I signed a chit for $165. Glad I was not paying.

The only comments I have seen are that the Spa is very nice, decor wise and expensive, service wise. Oh and they work very hard on the upsell of products.

We have been on 4 cruises and my Wife did one massage treatment on our first cruise and she said it was short and expensive and nothing special about it. She never got another spa service again.

Is there really any advantage to booking pre-cruise? That sounds like was OP is ready to do and they would almost certainly be able to get discounts onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a 1/2 leg wax, a manicure and pedicure on Infinity during our March/April cruise on Infinity. The wax was great - the therapist professional and friendly. I'd book this again. The manicure and pedicure - bleurr.... The therapist was offhand and disinterested. The manicure lasted 3 days before chipping and flaking. The pedi needed me to repair a chip with my own varnish after 2 days. Has put me off using the spa in the future, especially as these were not cheap. No discounts available onboard.

Edited by jonsmum

Is there really any advantage to booking pre-cruise? That sounds like was OP is ready to do and they would almost certainly be able to get discounts onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only discounts they are offering(right now) are when we are docked in Juneau but even then services have to be completed by 1pm. We are aqua class so I figured I would take advantage of the spa concierge and get my appts set. When we sailed on Disney last year the SPA was sold out ! I don't want to have to fight for an appt, if I need to cancel then that's different but at least I know I have what I want scheduled.

Personally, I don't like my entire treatment to consist of a hard sell session so I no longer get anything at the spa while onboard. I have had a couple times where I explained I was just there for a relaxing massage and please not to try to sell me anything during the time I am paying and my wishes were respected. Other times, not so lucky so I tend to book my treatments just prior to my cruise or even research getting these done while in port. I have had some fantastic massages for a fraction of the price while down in Mexico ... all set up beforehand.

Personally, I don't like my entire treatment to consist of a hard sell session so I no longer get anything at the spa while onboard. I have had a couple times where I explained I was just there for a relaxing massage and please not to try to sell me anything during the time I am paying and my wishes were respected. Other times, not so lucky so I tend to book my treatments just prior to my cruise or even research getting these done while in port. I have had some fantastic massages for a fraction of the price while down in Mexico ... all set up beforehand.

That's a good thought too, I never considering booking in port. We are headed to Alaska though so I'm sure most of our time will be spent outside. But my husband and I discussed today and decided we will each go for our first appts and if it's not up to our standards we will cancel the rest. We each have 4 in mind so if it's great then we will keep the appts but if not then who wants to waste money right??