New Sale

We have two upcoming cruises booked on the Freedom. One is 9/11/16 and the other is 3/26/17. We have different family members cruising with us each time and we are SOOOO lucky to have gotten the Royal Family Suite both times. On the Sept 11 cruise, there will be 5 of us, and 7 of us on the March 26 cruise. We originally booked with RCCL and then moved to a TA to get good OBC amounts, along with our Diamond Plus discount. When we originally booked, we got 50% off 2nd passenger and 20% off remaining passengers. The RFS Category has been sold out since shortly after we booked. If none are remaining, can the TA still get the rate changed to the 60/30 promo? And....if so, how will they refund the difference? One cruise is paid in full. The other is not.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

We have two upcoming cruises booked on the Freedom. One is 9/11/16 and the other is 3/26/17. We have different family members cruising with us each time and we are SOOOO lucky to have gotten the Royal Family Suite both times. On the Sept 11 cruise, there will be 5 of us, and 7 of us on the March 26 cruise. We originally booked with RCCL and then moved to a TA to get good OBC amounts, along with our Diamond Plus discount. When we originally booked, we got 50% off 2nd passenger and 20% off remaining passengers. The RFS Category has been sold out since shortly after we booked. If none are remaining, can the TA still get the rate changed to the 60/30 promo? And....if so, how will they refund the difference? One cruise is paid in full. The other is not.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

All you can do is try. I suspect that if there are no staterooms available in your category, you cannot get a price drop, but someone posted that they got a drop in the same situation. If they do give you a price drop, they will refund to the credit card used to pay off the cruise.

We do not use TA's but have been able to reprice on sold out categories before. Please note that they will reprice at the rate at time of repricing so it will not be based on the rate when you booked.

It is worth picking another suite that is available for your sailing and reviewing the 3rd person rate. If that has not gone up then it is definately worth enquiring. I always lead with "I'd like to check I have the best available pricing" that way they check the prices

Hope that helps!

How would they reprice it if it's sold out? I emailed my TA. I hope she knows how to handle it. The RFS is the only cabin that can handle all of us in 1 room. We need to be together because we'll have little ones that we'll be sharing, plus we need an accessible suite.

How would they reprice it if it's sold out? I emailed my TA. I hope she knows how to handle it. The RFS is the only cabin that can handle all of us in 1 room. We need to be together because we'll have little ones that we'll be sharing, plus we need an accessible suite.

We have repriced RS before on more than one occasion and have several other suites booked that all are sold out categories. When I rang yesterday to check pricing on all of them they were able to give me all latest pricing.

I would assume, logical assumption rather than claiming definately know, but cabins can be cancelled at any time. If a category is sold out it would make logical sense that they reprice every category in case one becomes available so that it automatically goes back into circulation at the correct price point. Makes a lot more sense then people at RC having to check every sailing for cabins in categories that may or may not become available and reprice if they become available. I would expect there to be a base line price for all categories in the system at all times.

When I have booked before, I have even asked the price of certain cabins in categories that are sold out to use to decide if I want yo wait list for those cabins. Perhaps I've been lucky, but they have always given it to me.

Try calling c&a yourself. Don't tell them you are booked and say, I know it's booked for that sailing but could you give me the price for X guests in case it becomes available. See if they will tell you. If they do then you know what your TA should come back with.

Edited by Spurschick

We have been in the exact situation - in a RFS which all sold out and new sale offer came out (the original BOGO offer). I just asked my TA to find out if there was a price drop available - they contacted RCI, got the price adjustment and has a nice discount applied. We then got a further price drop on a subsequent sale (I think everyone at 30%, but could be wrong).

So just ask your TA to make the enquiry and find out - it seems this is quite standard for sold out categories.

I'm booked in a D1 on Anthem next year and the category is sold out, but my TA was able to reprice it for me yesterday. Frankly, I didn't think they could, but I called C&A & they said yes, it can be repriced even if the category is sold out.

I'm booked in a D1 on Anthem next year and the category is sold out, but my TA was able to reprice it for me yesterday. Frankly, I didn't think they could, but I called C&A & they said yes, it can be repriced even if the category is sold out.

Appreciate the info, glad to know it's possible to re-price a sold-out category.

Appreciate the info, glad to know it's possible to re-price a sold-out category.

I was really surprised. I always thought that once a category is sold out you can't reprice. Guess that's why it's always worth a phone call. Saved about $150.