Free Tour of the Queen Mary Still on Offer?

GradUT

I read here on CC (probably the West Coast Departures forum) that the Queen Mary offered free general admission to Carnival cruise passengers out of Long Beach. I saved the link to the website of this offer (below), but looking at it today, I saw that it is now a "page that doesn't exist".

Does anyone know if this offer is still available and, if so, do you have a link to a website?

Here's the one I saved from earlier this year:

http://www.queenmary.com/stay-aboard/nearby-attractions/long-beach-carnival-cruise-terminal/

It was available to us a couple months ago, as well as for my friends who got back two weeks ago.

Sorry, I don't have a link to provide.

Thanks for that info, Tom. Do you happen to know if your friends had to show anything more than a "Sign and Sail" card? (I was planning on showing the webpage if there was any question, but I can't do that now.)

And Loubetti, I totally agree the tour is worth paying for. I did it last year (including the Princess Diana exhibit). I wouldn't mind going again, but not if I have to pay.

We walked up and just flashed our S&S card after we did early check in. I advised our friends to do the same and they reported no issues.

Have fun!

I had no idea of this! Thanks to the OP and all the rest of the posters for this info. We may want to check in early and walk over and check it out.

How much time would you allow for the tour of the Queen Mary for first timers?

My wife and I really enjoy history, and spent a solid 90 minutes casually strolling and doing the free self-guided tour. We could have easily spent more time there, but we had FTTF and went back to the terminal at 1130 to board.

If we didn't have FTTF, we would have enjoyed one of the paid exhibits for sure. I'm guessing it wouldn't be hard to kill up to four or five hours there depending on which tours you partake in.

We walked up and just flashed our S&S card after we did early check in. I advised our friends to do the same and they reported no issues.

Have fun!

Thanks, Tom. Unless I see or hear otherwise from the Queen Mary website, I will assume the free tours are still on offer and go over with S&S card.

How much time would you allow for the tour of the Queen Mary for first timers?

I did the "First Class Passport" tour with my daughter (who lives in LA) last year. This tour includes the self-guided audio tour and two guided tours. (They threw in the Princess Diana exhibit for us that day since one of the ship's attractions was closed due to filming.) We probably spent 4.5 - 5 hours on the ship doing all of these various tours/exhibits.

However, the free tour offered to Carnival passengers only includes the audio tour + any walking around you want to do onboard. That took us about 2 hours.

FWIW, my daughter got half-price tickets for us through Groupon. If you want to do more than the self-guided tour, you could always check to see if the Queen Mary is offering any deals through Groupon or Living Social.