Teen fun.

I don't have it right now - but I was able to Google the Carnival O2 club fun times page and see the types of activities. I showed it to my 16 year old and he cannot wait. Video games, parties, and tons of teen-geared activities will keep him busy. No adults and no one younger than 15 allowed is the best incentive of all. It is something he can do without his sister that is all his on board. He says "I am going to get so fat on this cruise" (meaning all the pizza and ice cream he can handle.)

As a general rule, they go the first night - figure out who they want to hang out with, and then you will see them meeting throughout the day and hanging out. Most if not all of the activities are afternoon (sea days) and at night - til 2 or 3 in the morning sometimes. After dinner, they will meet up in their "club" to figure out what they want to do. They may stay and dance, play games, go to the arcade, putt putt, basketball, chess, ping pong, go to the comedy club, dive in movies, or the nightly show. Really the only things they can't do are drink and gamble.

My son is about to age out and has never had a bad time - but it can be just like home with teenage drama!:p And he's been cruising since he was 8.

Just curious if anyone knows about the video games. Are they available to play 24/7 or only at certain times? My son is a huge gamer and I know he's gonna want to be in gaming more than just an hour or 2 per day.

Just curious if anyone knows about the video games. Are they available to play 24/7 or only at certain times? My son is a huge gamer and I know he's gonna want to be in gaming more than just an hour or 2 per day.

Not in the Club 02 area, they do close those.. There is an arcade on the ship that is open 24 hours, but just like a regular arcade, you pay to play..

As another poster mentioned... It is very important they go to the first meet and greet and activity... This is when they form their squads... If they skip this, it is harder as many kids have found their "people" by then... After that, they usually use the O2 club as a meeting place... And come and go doing stuff all day and night!

Thank you all so so much for your replies, you have put my son and I at ease. Thank you for the club meet and greet meeting tip, will do that as I don't want him to feel left out with the other kids, gets a bit of that at school as he joined his school halfway through 2015 and found it hard to find friends of course!:D

They were available whenever the club leader was there for our kids. There were no specific times my daughter said. We were on the Paradise in January and they were all PS4 consoles. We had a 15 yo and 17 yo. My son says they had sports games (fifa etc), injustice gods among us, and others. He says that kids played even when dances were going on in the club.

My son is 17 and my daughter is almost 13. They are avid teen club fans!!

For spring break, my son's only request was that we consider a cruise because it will be his last year to take part in the teen club. Lifetime friendships have been made over the past 6-7 years we've been cruising.

A couple things to note:

- make sure he goes the first night no matter what. Its when 'everyone' is new and friendships are made instantly. Once you miss that, its harder to meet everyone because the initial intros are over.

- Arcade - it is EXPENSIVE and if they have signing authority on their sign and sale card, I've seen it many times where some kids (not mine) have racked up hundreds of dollars of arcade charges :eek:

If your son wants to play games, the teen clubs have XBox and PS3 contests all the time, he can be on that a lot. And that is free....day and night.

He'll have a blast and it'll be a trip to remember if he puts himself out there to meet new people.

Happy sailing!!

As another poster mentioned... It is very important they go to the first meet and greet and activity... This is when they form their squads... If they skip this, it is harder as many kids have found their "people" by then... After that, they usually use the O2 club as a meeting place... And come and go doing stuff all day and night!

Couldn't agree more! They have the best time!