Luggage Drop-off and Later Check-In

Are you allowed to drop off your luggage at the port before your check-in time?

I am sailing on the Dream in June. We are staying in a hotel the night before in Metarie and taking a taxi to the port on Sunday morning. My plan is to choose the 1:00 check-in so that my daughter and I will have time to walk around a little before getting on the ship. Has anyone done this? If so, how far did you walk?

Yes, you can drop-off your luggage as early as the porters are out there. We got off Valor, dropped our bags with the porters at Glory and went to buy wine and soda for our second week. We checked-in and boarded a couple hours later. You can shop or sight-see all you want, just be sure to check-in before the posted cutoff time for your cruise.

into the Heart of the French Quarter, walk around near the Mississippi River walk area, see the street vendors, glance at Jackson Square, stop in a voodoo store, grab a beignet and be back to the ship....

so much fun ahead of you!

If you haven't been to New Orleans before, and want to take in as much as possible in a short time----drop off the luggage and walk to Harrah's (across the street). Look for a "Hop on Hop off" sign and hop on (about $30 each). The tour lasts about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and goes over the sights and history. Enjoy the cruise!

24954282716_408289f367.jpg