Infinity SS 6145, first time cruiser

denalichic

Hi Folks,

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in December. We are booked on the INfinity 6 night Mexican trip, sailing December 4th. We have cabin 6145. Does anyone have tips for first timers on Infinity, and are there any opinions on this cabin?

Thanks in advance for your help and happy crusing!

denalichic

It's a lovely cabin- one of the nicest Sky Suites. We were next door last month in 6143, and got a tour. You should enjoy it. 6145 does have a connecting door to the Penthouse, but the folks in your cabin said it never bothered them. On the other hand, maybe you'll make good friends with the PH folks!:) Decor is more formal than other SS's because it's decorated to match the PH. Big verandah, too.

Location is great, as it's a very quiet area of the ship. We didn't notice much motion back there, but we had a relatively smooth cruise. Also not far from the Martini Bar!:D

Hope you have a great time-try spa treatments, try the specailty restaurant (make reservations/appointments for both as soon as you board) Try the Spa cafe, sushi on deck 10 aft in the evening, and just enjoy!

Also try seeing if there's a rollcall for your cruise over in the rollcall section- a fun way to meet up with people.

Happy cruising,

Andrew

Hi There -

We sail with you on Dec. 4, and we have been on two other Celebrity cruises! You will definitely enjoy the pampering, upscale food and the gracious staff.

There is a chat on the roll call for this cruise. If you are able, we are all meeting at 3 p.m on Sunday Dec. 4 at the Mast Bar (above the pool). Celebrity is not hosting a "meet & mingle" party for us ... so we are throwing our own party! Pack a small blue ribbon and pin it on your shirt to be recognized at the 3p.m. party!

Looking forward to meeting you on board!

Lizbeth and Richard :)

I have stayed in this cabin twice. With its nice foyer and beautiful woods, the most outstanding feature is the bathroom. It is huge with a big glass stall shower and double sinks. The deck, as blazerboy mentioned, is large with a partial overhang. It does not have a sofa due to the connecting door. That however is not real a problem. The only drawback is the one closet. All other sky suites have two and so if you have lots of hanging stuff it can be a problem. Also you do hear the penthouse if they make any noise. Last cruise they were quiet as a mouse so it was no problem. The cruise before that, all was cured with a towel below the door. (there is a big gap between the door and the floor.) Overall though, I would pick this cabin again. Michael

Hey Michael! Hope all is well with you! You've spoiled us by showing us your CC last Fall- ever since the Constellation TA, all we want are CC 6143/44! :rolleyes:

Denalichic,

Forgot about the closet issue, which might be a problem for us, but not on a six day cruise, so, unless you're more of a clothes horse than I am (pretty hard to do!:D ) you should be fine with that.

Andrew

My husband and I are on the same cruise, and really looking forward to it!

We haven't traveled on Celebrity before, but I'm doing some online reading and finding that many people only discovered options and places on board late in their cruise (or not at all) on Celebrity. Perhaps a by-product of the low key tone?

In any case, my sister confirmed same after a quick trip last month on the Mercury: didn't realize there was an omlette station until the last breakfast, etc.

I got a lot out of the reviews posted here: http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/

One is done by a travel agent who literally takes you on a tour of the whole ship and all the amenities with photos; the others are posted by a very thorough gentleman with lots of helpful details as well.

My sister's best advice was "study up ahead of time and ask" -- ask nicely about things and for things (like a different appetizer is yours isn't appetizing).

I'm just cutting and pasting tips ranging from "print out your online forms and bring them with you" to the best martinis to the fact that you can get dessert served later in your room into some notes to review before we sail, since what I read now may or may not stick with me.

Based on other cruises, I'd say the key to have a great time is having a great attitude. I have seen people poisoning their own enjoyment stressing over what they weren't doing instead of enjoying what they were doing and I don't want to go there, but I do think a little advance study about the ship itself, options, amenities, recommendations etc. is worth the time ahead of time. Plus, it's fun to think that in a few weeks, we'll be enjoying our cruise!

Archived