San Juan airfare help please

Lorian

Anyone have any wise advise about airfare to San Juan from New York? Not only is it more expensive than I thought it would be but the flights out of San Juan are either too early to make from our cruise ship docking or mid- afternoon so we wait around too long. Jet Blue does have a 12:45pm flt but the cost is $322. Never flew Jet Blue, do their prices fluctuate, so it might be wise to wait a while? We fly out 1/31 and back 2/11.

Any help is much appreciated.

You might try searching on an engine such as www.kayak.com. I can't speak to airfares from New York but airfares to SJU are typically very high, and at the moment are much higher due to high fuel costs.

I have heard good things about JetBlue so if you are comfortable with the price I would take it.

Well to give you an example. For next March I can currently get a flight to Miami/FLL area for around $280 pp from Little Rock. To San Juan, the least expensive flight is around $570 pp and that has multiple connections.

I think that price on Jet Blue is a very good one. I booked (yes President's week when fares are higher) on American from LaGuardia to Miami the first day the flights came available (back in April for Feb cruise) and it's costing me about the same amount as what you're being quoted on jet blue. SJ would have been over $500 per person roundtrip. Don't know if Jet Blue will drop fares if spaces remain available closer to flight time. I've watched my $300+ airfare now soar to over $1000 per person when I check the AA website. Everyone I know who has flown Jet Blue has had only good things to say... great seats (roomier, leather), great entertainmnet (individual tv) and the pilot who brought down the injured plane in LA a few weeks ago did an incredible job and the crew got everyone prepared and evacuated in minutes without injury.. that's a well trained crew! I would have flown them but they don't fly to Miami.

That price on Jet Blue is a pretty good price. We are looking at flying to San Juan next September but the airlines don't publish fares more than 330 days out, so I did some sample fares just a few weeks earlier than when we go and that price seems pretty good.

Just the bad part is the times you leave I think San Juan!! I think Jet blue has a afternoon flight out of San Juan. I have seen some airlines when checking a few weeks earlier than when we go they have a flight out at 12:45 and I am not sure if that is to early or not.

We live in Richmond Va and the airfare is pretty high, Carnival charges $580.00 a person right now! We are looking at flying Jet Blue next year to San Juan. Flight would go from RIchmond to New York and then to San Juan. I think what I estimated is that Jet BLue would cost us about $449.00 per person.

I hope everything works out for you.

Leslie,

For what it's worth.. we've flown into Ft Lauderdale for a cruise leaving from Miami. It's not that far. Maybe 30 min if my memory serves me. There is a van service that will take you to a Miami hotel. There's probably more info on other threads. But some airline fares or FFmiles are better to Ft lauderdale than Miami so it could be worth it to you.

Archived