new suite perks

So far it's starting on the Vista and includes a Keurig coffee maker in the suite, free bag of laundry, free water, special pillows and comforters, priority tender service, a 50 inch smart tv, and a chocolate on the pillow at turndown lol

John Heald said there's more that will be announced in the near future supposedly

I think the newest perks r suppose to roll out fleetwide September

• 7 months later...

And our cabin steward had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about a pillow menu or selection of pillows. Our pillows seemed normal and inexpensive. There was no 50-inch smart TV and we never received a chocolate with turn down service. Carnival Ecstasy December 2016. We got priority boarding and a bottle of water. As someone else pointed out to me, if you want suite perks, cruise on Princess, RC or one of the premium lines.

So far it's starting on the Vista and includes a Keurig coffee maker in the suite, free bag of laundry, free water, special pillows and comforters, priority tender service, a 50 inch smart tv, and a chocolate on the pillow at turndown lol

John Heald said there's more that will be announced in the near future supposedly

Called just now about 4228 Vista Suite on the Pride. Agent was thoroughly confused by the question, needed booking number (booked through travel agent so wouldn't work anyway), etc..

SO, I asked him to start as if I had no booking but was looking at booking a suite and wanting to know if the "extra perks" were "worth it".

He offered nothing but "normal suite perks". Nothing about Smart TV, free water, etc..

Right hand, left hand syndrome?

-Stehanie

They get the chocolates? How dare they after taking them away from us peasants

They get the chocolates? How dare they after taking them away from us peasants

LOL, well this peasant is staying in a suite on the Magic in April and I plan on bringing a Hershey bar with me because it would taste better then what they used to have. I got good taste! (P.S. I am joking in case someone does not get that.:D)

Truthfully, Suite perks on Carnival suck. Don't book a suite for the non existent perks, book it for the room ( the GS is pretty darn nice)

If you want REAL suite perks try another line.., and surprisingly some of them will be cheaper than Carnival when you add in the comps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, well this peasant is staying in a suite on the Magic in April and I plan on bringing a Hershey bar with me because it would taste better then what they used to have. I got good taste! (P.S. I am joking in case someone does not get that.:D)

Never thought the Carnival chocolates were that bad. Used to bring them home plus a few more from steward and enjoy them while waiting for our next cruise.

I'll be in an Ocean Suite on Jan 29 on the Conquest. I'll try to remember to come back here and give a full report. We were in and Ocean Suite on the Glory last Feb 2016 and all we got was the bottle of water. We may have gotten a coupon for a free cocktail on the last night but I'm not 100% sure about that.

This weekend I've been comparing suite perks on NCL and Celebrity. I've also been looking at Oceania and Azamara, comparing those two lines with suites on the two I just mentioned.

Carnival isn't even in the running.

Isn't it amazing that other lines can be so much cheaper for Suites than Carnival?

I am getting totally free drink packages, free internet, free steakhouse dinners, free gratuities, on HAL. Plus $300 OBC for booking a suite.. which was tons cheaper than Carnivals price for a similar Panama Canal Cruise. And real sweet suite perks.. private lounge, concierge, dry cleaning, laundry, room service mimosas and steak and eggs etc

Even the cheaper rooms were cheaper on HAL and they got the same extras of drink packages etc.

It pays to shop around.

Just got back from the Vista where we had a Havana Cabana Suite. Two bottles of water, and one free bag of laundry, plus priority embarking & de-embarking. No coffee maker, no chocolate, pillows were fine, but no pillow menu. Not sure what a "Smart" TV is, but we could look at our photos, order movies on demand, and see our charges.

Keep in mind, while Carnival suite benefits are not as good as what is offered on other lines, the price you pay is much lower.

Just got back from the Vista where we had a Havana Cabana Suite. Two bottles of water, and one free bag of laundry, plus priority embarking & de-embarking. No coffee maker, no chocolate, pillows were fine, but no pillow menu. Not sure what a "Smart" TV is, but we could look at our photos, order movies on demand, and see our charges.

Keep in mind, while Carnival suite benefits are not as good as what is offered on other lines, the price you pay is much lower.

Not according to what some previous posters are saying.

First of all I am a 'cheap a$$'. I search for "THE BEST" deal out there. I am not restricted to travel at a particular time frame. I'm retired and we can go whenever we want. I have never, I repeat EVER, found a suite deal cheaper than Carnival. Laundry services are irrelevant to me as I would not use them on any ship. But I would probably drink more if it were included and maybe eat in a 'pay for' restaurant if it was free.

I sit at my computer sometimes all day looking for deals and have never found one that competes with a Carnival price. I find that people often claim they got a great deal but I have rarely seen anyone post exactly how much they paid for these fantastic deals.

As for me, a couple weeks ago I booked an ocean suite on the Conquest for $900. per person. Thats taxes and fees included.

Edited by Boozebabe

Not according to what some previous posters are saying.

I did a line by line of Carnival for my Havana Suite and then added the cost of the thermal suite, drink package, gratuities, factored in the cost of eating specialty dining every night and $300 OBC and compared to a lower Haven suite on NCL Escape sailing the same week, and Carnival came in lower. Granted, the Escape has the Haven and its exclusive restaurant, but the Haven allows small children, while the Havana area is at least 12+.

It all depends on what is important to the individual. Most suite perks are nice, but not necessary for me to enjoy a cruise.

Truthfully, Suite perks on Carnival suck. Don't book a suite for the non existent perks, book it for the room ( the GS is pretty darn nice)

If you want REAL suite perks try another line.., and surprisingly some of them will be cheaper than Carnival when you add in the comps.

I do book suites on other lines. So far they've been fantastic. This only thing I can say about Carnival suites is "nice room".

psvtrvlr - I like your thinking. Although our suite was nicely apportioned, the suites on Princess are larger easily by at least a third and include clearly separated living and sleeping areas. Then again, the differences are reflected in the prices, too. But the perks and amenities on Princess are worth quite a few of those delta dollars!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

psvtrvlr - I like your thinking. Although our suite was nicely apportioned, the suites on Princess are larger easily by at least a third and include clearly separated living and sleeping areas. Then again, the differences are reflected in the prices, too. But the perks and amenities on Princess are worth quite a few of those delta dollars!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We book a suite on Princess for two reasons, I had an injury and getting into and out of a tub is a challenge so I love the separate step in shower on Princess and we love the specialty breakfasts.