Celebrity Vs Princess in Alaska???

ACoupleAtSea

Anyone who has sailed both lines in Alaska, what are your thoughts and comments? Our family mostly cruises with Princess and we have done one cruise to Alaska(Glacier Bay). We are looking at 2017 cruises and are debating on trying Celebrity in Alaska. Thanks

Alaska is all about the itinerary. I think Vancouver is the best port to cruise from as you travel up through the southern inside passage between Vancouver Island and the mainland. Cruises leaving from Seattle go on the West Coast of Vancouver Island and it takes 2 days to get to an area where you see any scenery. If you have been to Glacier Bay I would highly recommend the fabulous Hubbard Glacier:) It is the only glacier that is still growing it is always moving so there is much loud, spectacular calving. From what I have read, you will have much the same experience on Celebrity as Princess but they both have their individual styles. The weather seems the best in May/June with less rain. Have fun with what ever line you choose.

I agree that the southern portion of the inside passage is just incredible. We have sailed to Alaska every other year for quite some time now -- both on Celebrity and on Princess. While many prefer Princess, I am a huge Celebrity fan and love the M-class ships for this itinerary.

I love any itinerary that includes Icy Strait Point and of note, love the day cruising up the Tracy Arm Fjord. Glacier Bay is spectacular but just love the Sawyer Glacier a bit more. Plus, no rough waters like you hit when leaving Glacier Bay.

BTW -- I am booked to sail to Alaska again this summer and it is on Princess. Can't beat leaving out of San Francisco.

We too have done both lines so for us its NOT about the itinerary though sailing the inside passage from Vancouver (or sometimes though not often from Seattle) is the preferred route....that being said since we have seen its all before its now all about the ship so for us its Solstice out of Seattle as its the nicest ship sailing Alaska in our opinion even if it does sail the outside of Vancouver Island!