IConcierge App

Cruising next weekend. Trying to figure out the best way to stay in touch. Thinking about the IConcierge app. I know it has a 7.95 activation fee....and then 79 cents a min to call. Do I have to have the internet package? How do I keep from getting charges on my phone from att. I have a samsung galaxy s6 if that matters. Help please!! Trying to figure out cheapest way to stay in touch with home on a minimual basis!

I'm not sure what the fees are exactly, but what you said sounds about right.

You will not need any internet package to place calls or send texts.

The "phone" is telephony, actually. Your call will be routed through the ship's wi-fi network via the iConcierge app. In other words, you will make your phone call in the app, not the phone's Phone app. Make sense?

You avoid roaming and whatnot by placing your phone into airplane mode, then turning ON wi-fi. You will then join the ship's wi-fi network. At that point, you will acitivate the iConcierge app, then sign in.

Here is some more information on how it all works:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/iCONCIERGE_062714.pdf

Be sure to download and install the iConcierge app BEFORE you get on the ship.

Edited by triptolemus

Cruising next weekend. Trying to figure out the best way to stay in touch. Thinking about the IConcierge app. I know it has a 7.95 activation fee....and then 79 cents a min to call. Do I have to have the internet package? How do I keep from getting charges on my phone from att. I have a samsung galaxy s6 if that matters. Help please!! Trying to figure out cheapest way to stay in touch with home on a minimual basis!

From my experience, I wouldn't heavily rely on the iConcierge app. It may work just fine, but last year on the Epic, it was unusable. Also, as the previous poster said, make sure you're in airplane mode or you'll be in for a nice surprise from AT&T like I was.